Castle: Miles Apart

Chapter 1

Kate's hand shook violently as she held the test in her hand. Tears started to form when not one, but two blue lines appeared on the stick. She was pregnant. Kate Beckett always wanted to be a mom, but not under these conditions and epically not with her current boyfriend. "Kate, hon, I need to grab some last minuet things please." Josh knocked calmly on the other side of the door. She hadn't realized he stopped by. Kate stood up and shoved the test into her front pocket, and opened the door. "Took you long enough." Josh scoffed and brushed past Kate, "I didn't realize you were stoping by." She said calmly, hiding her shakiness the best she could. "I thought you would go straight to the airport after your shift. "Well," he fumbled with his tooth brush and the toothpaste cap, "I had to grab a few things." Kate sighed, "josh, I don't think you should go to Africa." He stopped what he was doing and looked at her, leaning in the doorway. "Are you crazy? Kate you know I have to do this. I'll be back in four months, least." "That's a long time, what if that turns I to five them six, what then?" He shrugged and stepped closer to her, resting his hands on her shoulders and lightly kissing her forehead. "You'll be alright, your a strong, kick-ass cop." "Josh," Kate breath only to be cut off by him, "baby," "don't call me baby," "Kate, it'll be fine. Now I gotta to." He kissed her lips chastely and her forehead once before getting past her and into the living room where all his luggage sat. "Josh, I really have to tell you something." "I'm running late as it is, I'm sure I can call you from the car." He slung his last bag over his shoulder and wheeled two suit cases behind him and left, shutting the door with a loud slam. "I'm pregnant." She half whispered, half said. Kate stood starring at the door for a moment, half expecting him to come back and engulf her with a crushing hug, but it didn't happen. After what seemed like an eternity, her phone finally buzzed, but it wasn't josh. It was castle. Castle! He was home today, he had just got back from being in the Hampton's for a week with Alexis for spring brake. She picked up her phone, hesitated, but went ahead and answered anyway. "Castle, hey." She said softly. "Kate, are you ok?" Kate stopped and ran to the bathroom to look in the merrier. Had she been crying? She was. Tears were streaming down her face, she couldn't stop. "Castle.. Rick." She finally breathed, "Kate, talk to me." He was concerned. "Come over, please." She didn't have to ask him again, "I'll be there in 10." And with that, he hung up. Kate set her phone on the counter and sank to the floor, bringing her knees to her chest and cried. She hasn't cried in forever, not since she shot the only person who knew who killed her mom.

_______

Well here's the first chapter, review? 💕

Xoxo -Libby

💖