Chapter 9

Two months later.

'Hey, Min!' Jin said enthusiastically.

'Hi, Jin... What's up with the good mood? Don't tell me that you have a new "Joke"...' Minah mocked.

Jin laughed his famous wiping-the-glass laugh. Minah was a lot more stubborn and a lot more of a badass than he thought she was. One night, she called him to her apartment so they could get high together. Apparently, the stock was from Namjoon.

Jin almost burst a capillary knowing Minah was doing weed. However, she'd pulled a puppy face and told him it had been long since he had gotten high... Three or four years.

Undoubtedly Namjoon was skewered the next day.

'Minah... Don't skip breakfasts, okay? I read somewhere that if you skip breakfast, you basically eat your muscles and then, all the food you eat goes to the reserves instead of well, getting utilized immediately... This makes you fatter! Promise me you won't skip meals!' he said, his pitch increasing gradually and his face getting increasingly redder.

Minah chuckled, leaning to kiss him on the cheek. Even though they'd been going out for two months now, they hadn't locked lips. But neither of them minded... While was one was simply content holding hands, the other was scared...

Jin sat frozen in the little quaint old cafe. The couple had accepted that they loved cafes... They were the type that would sit in a cafe hours together, chat and well,  Jin would wolf down things and then give out a bemused moan, while Minah would just sit sipping green tea, smiling at him.

She had started painting a lot these days... Especially on cityscapes. She was inspired by Jin. They'd often go to the rooftop to just relax. Minah would sketch away and Jin would still be eating.

Honestly, they were so bipolar. But they worked. Minah found herself starting to like Jin more and more while the butterflies only increased.

Jin, on the other hand, was certain that he was in love.

'Stop looking so shocked Jin!' Minah chuckled, growing aware of her face that was getting warmer and warmer and the tingling on her lips.

'ah...' Jin said.

'And where did you read it?' Minah asked.

'There is this website for healthy eating... I read it there,' Jin replied before stuffing his face with a huge piece of Hazelnut Karat.

He let out a satisfied groan as Minah lost herself in thought.

'Jin... I told you. Nothing is wrong with me. Well except my weight... I am not a charity case, Jin. You needn't trouble yourself with, "saving me" and things...' her anger was seeping out as venom.

'Minah ya! Wait I'll show you. It's a website on dieting. I think I am getting fatter. I am in my thirties! I should avoid greasy food and things like that so I don't get a heart attack. Also, my body isn't what it used to be... I can't go ahead and digest just about anything!' he replied, chomping more of his Hazelnut Karat while he calmed down before continuing, 'Minah, you weigh like an eight-year-old! A very skinny one at that! How many times should I tell you that you should put a little more weight? At this rate, you'll disappear into the air! You'll age faster if you don't get enough trans nutrients! Do you want that? Wrinkled up at our wedding? Wrinkled up for our kid's first birthday? Is that what you want? Tell me? I'll be all young and healthy and glowing without any makeup, while You'll look like a noonim to me!  You already don't call me "Oppa" you call me by my name even though I am older!' he paused, looking at her shocked expression. He wondered why as he sipped his thick and creamy beverage.

Then it dawned on him. He'd blurted out that he wanted to marry her.

Fuck. Jin cursed although he never did...

Minah took a deep breath.

'Fine. I'll have my breakfast...' she coughed to avoid awkwardness.

Dedicated to  BehindTheShit for all the votes and nice comments and adding this to their reading list! Thanks a ton.

Guys, the thing about not skipping breakfast is true... please don't do that. The damages are far worse. Getting fatter just fits the context of the story so I included it.

Also, who would you want to cast as Minah? Just a quick thought...

Love,

L.