Chapter10

'He what?' Taehyung spluttered.

'Yup...' Minah huffed.

He started laughing. Roaring. The soda he had had to drink was now coming through his nose. Minah grunted out her disgust before passing him tissues.

They were in her room at her parent's house, which was huge. Her room was all most as big as a penthouse.

'So what did you say?' Tae Hyung asked.

'I told him I'd have breakfast...'

'Noona, you'll name your kid after me, right? He teased her.

Taehyung and Minah became very close friends after he had popped her a visit. And Minah needed that. A friend. A brother. And the very affectionate Taehyung was ready to provide her with both. Even though he was only two months younger to her, he called her Noona.

They both loved each other as very close siblings would.

'So Noona, did you ever want to stop stop eating?' he asked. The thing with Taehyung was he was very honest. He couldn't keep his thoughts to himself. But he could keep a secret.

And that was why Minah loved him.

'Tae...' she said, her voice gone in a warning tone.

'How long Noona? How fucking long?' he roared in anger, startling Minah.

'Tae... We are best friends, but you are crossing your limits!' she said in a quiet voice.

'Noona, do you know how I know Jin hyung?' he asked. Minah thought he was changing topics. She thought he was sorry and this was his way of making up. She knew he cared for her.

'No... Tae.' she said, exasperated all the same.

'Well, we were all trainees at an entertainment company. All seven of us...'

'What?' asked, Minah incredulous. The thought of Jin dancing and singing was something she couldn't wrap her mind around.

'Yes. Me, Jin hyung, Namjoon hyung, Jungkookie, Jimin and Yoongi hyung, although you haven't met either of the last two. We were supposed to debut as a seven-member boy band.' he continued as his eyes misted over memories that crossed his brain.

'Seven?' Minah repeated, 'There are only six members Tae...' she said.

'That's because the seventh one died. Because of an eating disorder.' Taehyung said, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

'What the fuck, Tae?'

...

Jung Hoseok. He was the happiest, nay, he seemed the happiest. That's why Bang PD, the creator of the seven-member boy band called him Hope.

He was the most hyper. He could dance like he was the one who invented it. He constantly inspired his dongseangs to work harder and be practically boneless like him. His movements flowed like water and sometimes they became rigid, like the earth, bellowing power. Other times he was like fire. Formless but dynamic.

Even though he was a bit loud and annoying, he cared about his gang. He loved his gang. That was why he kept his sadness to himself.

The truth was a girl dumped him. He loved her way too much but she evidently hadn't held the same feelings for him.

That broke him. He mistook her harsh comments about his looks and starved himself... Maybe that way he would stop looking like a horse is what he kept thinking. Every single time.

He had a good stock of laxatives and he would take those after huge company dinners.

His heart ached over his ex. He had truly loved her...

Only Yoongi knew his heart was hurting. Jin only knew that he was starving himself. Jin was always careful around the maknae line because they were mere teenagers and Jin felt that they could easily get mislead into wrong practices to achieve certain body standards. They had to eat good amounts in order to grow. Their schedules were already utterly draining. He looked keenly after all the others so they ate well. The teens, he would talk to occasionally so that they would keep healthy. He researched for hours and advised the boys that their puffed up faces were only because of hormones and the moment they turned twenty they'll loose all their teen fat.

But when he tried talking to the twenty-year-old, he didn't know what to say. Whenever he broached the subject, the latter would turn bitter, almost the opposite of his usual self.

Jin struggled with him. He didn't talk to anybody else about it. Namjoon would've been a good choice, but he knew that his logical and intelligent friend would face the problem head on and get Hoseok psychiatric help. But that would ruin everything for him- his career, reputation... Everything. So Jin kept quiet. He even started EatJin for Hobi's sake.

There was a time when Jin almost punched Hobi because of his habit. It was right after he discovered the laxatives in his cabinet.

Hobi only acted as if he was on good terms with his Hyung in the presence of others.

Soon enough, he collapsed during one of the practices.

He was rushed to the hospital and was found to have gone under coma right after he was given glucose. This was because his body refused to take that much of food and went under shock. And soon after, the doctors pointed out the yellowing skin, the thinner bones and the low iron and calcium levels and decided that he had an eating disorder. Yoongi told everyone about Hoseok's break-up. Jin told them about Hoseok starving himself. Yoongi almost hit the man, but quickly understood that he had tried his level best to talk with him.

Taehyung was destroyed. Confused. Angry... He was 17 years old! Old enough to be trusted... old enough to be spoken to... Old enough to give his hyung a shoulder to cry on and ear to hear him out. He was broken. And guilty. For not noticing his hyung's body condition. To have been to absorbed in having fun and taking rest. The only thing he could do was hold Hoseok's mother as she cried over her dead son. The only thing he could do was hug all his hyungs and try to get Jimin to eat. The only rhing he could do was pat Jungkook to sleep.

What they thought was just fatigue had changed into something else. Hobi died soon after.

Bang PD had to let go of the boys. Even though he wanted them to stay... He knew that the boys missed something, someone without the seventh member and they would never be the same. No one new could take his place...

And soon, they went back to whatever they had. They did grow from there... No one had a dream. Nothing besides this, anyway...

...

Minah hugged Taehyung. He was whimpering as he told her the story.

'If Hobi hyung hadn't done what he did, we would've won the Billboard awards!' he exclaimed.

Minah chuckled. She was debating on whether or not she should tell him about her story.

...

Dedicated to @cityhearts

Her stories are awesome and really different... You guys should check them out!

Thanks for reading, do vote and the comment!

Love,

L.