Chapter 2

Kamryn POV

   It was Saturday and I know everyone is at the arena getting scripts and what not.

    I figured I should talk to Stephanie and Hunter about, you know. I haven't brought myself to tell anyone yet. It hasn't really sunk in yet that there is going to be a child inside of me.

   I knocked quietly on the door hoping that if they don't hear I won't have to go in.

   "Come in." I heard from the other side of the door. Well it's now or never. I opened the door slowly.

   "Kamryn how are you?" Stephanie asked. Hunter sat right next to her behind the desk.

   "Okay, I guess." I responded.

   "What's going on?" Hunter asked sitting up in his seat.

   "Well there's, um, a possibility that um I could possibly be um having a-" I stopped there. They both looked at each other then back to me.

    "A baby?" Stephanie asked. I nodded my head.

   "Who knows?" Hunter asked.

   "Just you two. I was barely even able to tell you two." I said looking down.

   "Well Kamryn, we will have to vacate your title. We will have a Divas Battle Royal to determine the new Champion. As for you, I know you don't want to vacate the title, but I promise it will be in good hands. You will be off for maternity leave. You will say your farewells  on Raw Monday." Hunter said.

   "You can also come back anytime you please after the child is born." Stephanie added. I nodded and tried to hold back my tears.

   "I'll walk you out Kamryn." Stephanie said getting up. She led me out and we started walking to the guys locker room.

   "I'm sure Roman will be very excited." Stephanie said breaking the silence.

   "I hope. I don't even have enough courage to tell him."

   "Its best if you tell him soon before someone else tells him. Once you say it, it will feel as if all this weight on your shoulders is lifted off." She said stopping in front of the locker room.

   "Don't forget I'll always be here. I also want to meet my new niece or nephew." She said.

   I smiled at her."You'll be Aunt Steph." She gave me a hug. She walked back toward her office. I opened the door to see the boys sitting and stretching.

   "Ro, can I talk to you?" I asked softly. He stood up and grabbed my hand. We walked around the arena.

   "What do you want to talk about?" He asked looking at me. I kept looking forward.

    "Um never mind. It's not important." I stuttered. Damn it.

    "No it is important, what is it?" He asked turning me so I looked at him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into an empty locker room. He sat on the couch while I paced around the room.

   "Babe you're scaring me. Just tell me." He said. I sat down next to him

   "What if I told you that I might have to put wrestling off for a while." I said.

   "I'd say you're crazy because you take time off I do too." He said looking at me.

  "What if I told you that the reason I'm taking time off is because I'm pregnant." I said but whispering the last part. I didn't whisper quietly enough because the color drained from his face.

   "You're going to be a mom?" He asked me. I nodded.

   "I'm going to be a dad? Hopefully I'm the dad." I smiled at him and nodded.

   "We're going to have a family?" He asked hopeful. I nodded. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

   -

   -

   -

   -

    After I told Roman, I decided I should tell Kaitlyn, Isabelle, and Haley. Isabelle is staying on the road with Seth, and well Haley, she's still figuring it out.

   I opened the Divas locker room. All three of them were talking.

  "Kam!" They all shouted. I was engulfed in a group hug.

  "I just saw you all like an hour ago." I said laughing.

   "Leave us alone. We missed you." Haley said.

   "What are you doing here? Not to be rude, but don't you and your husband share a locker room?" Isabelle asked.

   "I think he's going to be sharing with the guys for a while."

   "Why?" They said at the same time.

   "I'm taking some time off." They had confused looks on their face.

   "How do I say this? I'm having a baby." I said. Their mouths made an 'O' shape. I found myself engulfed in another hug.

   "We all thought it'd be Isabelle first, but Kam? You never wanted kids." Kaitlyn said.

   "It's not like I planned this baby. If it were my way I would have it in like 5 years. Or not at all." I said.

   "What about your title?" Kaitlyn asked.

   "There's a Battle Royal on Raw Monday. Whoever wins is Champion." I said looking down.

   "Look I bet whoever wins will be great." Isabelle said.

     Monday Night Raw

      Three matches passed and now I had to tell the universe I was leaving. I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind. I saw tattoos and knew it was Roman.

   "You'll be fine. They love you." Roman said nuzzling my neck.

   "Kamryn your up." An announcer said. They played my music.

   "I love you." I heard Roman call over my music. I walked down the ramp because "safety reasons" for me now.

   My music stopped and I got handed a microphone.

    "As many of you heard there is a Battle Royal tonight. Not to determine the Number One Contender, but who gets my belt." The crowd booed. "I know I don't like it either. But it is something I have to do. Don't get me wrong I love it here. Wrestling in this ring. Entertaining people every night. I'm proud to be able to say that I was Divas Champion. That I was the fourth and first female member of the Shield.

    Now a lot of you are probably wondering why I'm leaving. I really wish I wasn't leaving. But I'm leaving because-" I cut myself off not wanting to continue. I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I hadn't realized Roman was in the ring.

   "I'm leaving because I'm pregnant." The cheers were the loudest I've ever heard. I smiled knowing the universe was on my side. "I'm glad you're happy for me. I honestly don't  like the idea of having a baby, but I can't take it back. I promise that once this baby is born I'm training and I'll be back in the ring as soon as possible. I love you." I said setting the microphone on the apron.

   We walked up the ramp hand in hand. I felt a few tears fall when I stood at the top and waved one last time at the crowd. We passed through the curtain and I broke down into tears. I sobbed into Roman's vest.

   How will I go a year without wrestling?