Chapter 50

Alana was hot, exhausted and full of dread. She was tied to the chair with Elias stood in front her, leaning in towards her.

'Kiss me,' he said. 'Like you did that night. Kiss me.'

'No,' she replied.

He pulled back, staring down at her through questioning eyes.

'No kisses for me now, huh?'

'No. There haven't been kisses for you for months. And there never will be.'

Quickly, he pulled out the knife. Alana's throat closed up and the shaking in her hands travelled up her arms, along her chest, across her whole body. He kept the knife in his hand, hanging loosely by his side, the sharp point waving through the air. The blade was wide and razor-thin, shiny and fresh with a meaty black handle that rested snugly in the palm of his hand.

'You might want to re-think that,' he said, leaning in again.

She turned her head away from him.

'Kiss me.'

Tears fell down her face. She pulled at the rope tying her hands to the chair. He leaned in closer, the knife coming closer too.

'Please ...' she murmured.

She turned her head the other way, as far from his as she could, looking down at the floor, avoiding his manic stare. He raised the knife up towards her.

'No ...'

The fear was eating her up - making her mind scramble, making her thoughts recede from her. He stayed quiet and took the knife closer. She felt the cold metal on her lips, tracing gently across them. She didn't breath, she didn't move.

'All you have to do is kiss me.'

He pressed the knife a little harder, then a little harder until she felt the skin break and blood begin to pour along her chin. He pulled back suddenly. Then he stood there, looking at her as she felt with her tongue where he had cut her - just along the top of her lip, a small incision, sharply painful and bleeding. Her mouth was filled with the taste of her own blood, metallic and warm. She spat it to the floor and turned to him, the hair at the sides of her face wet and sticky from sweat.

'You have no other way of making me do what you want other than that knife,' she hissed, the blood still dripping. 'You are pathetic.'

He gave a sly grin.

'You'd be surprised what a knife can make people do. You think your little cut is so bad?'

He laughed.

'We haven't even started, angel.'

She shook her hands and began to rock back and forth in the chair, desperate to somehow get out. If she could just get free, she would scratch his eyes out, turn that knife right back on him. He watched her struggle, amused. He waited until she stopped. As she sat there breathless, he leaned back in again.

'I guess I'll just have to take a kiss for myself.'

He took her face in his spare hand and forced her to face him. As she tried to squirm away he kissed her, rough and hungry. She was filled with disgust at the feeling of his lips on hers. She opened her mouth and clamped down her teeth, but before she could bite him he had pulled away, his mouth covered in blood.

'You're sick,' she growled.

He wiped the blood from his face with the sleeve of his white shirt, leaving a great red streak across his arm.

'Funny,' he replied. 'That's what your friend kept saying, at the end.'

He put on a high-pitched voice, whiny.

'You're sick, Elias. You're sick, you're sick, you're sick.'

He scowled.

'Maybe you and that friend of yours aren't so different after all? Faced with harm you both cry and complain and blame it all on me. The big bad guy that's made all your dreams turn to dust. You never stop to think, do you? That you might have caused your own problems. That your actions might have led you to this very spot where you find yourself today?'

He let out a scornful laugh.

'Flirting and wanting me and oh, he's in a band, he's so sexy and cute. Oh my god! He just listens to me. Oh I want him, I want him so bad. And you're so concerned that you don't get treated like an object you forget that you are treating me like an object. Me. Like I don't have feelings, real feelings that matter.'

Alana tried to keep her breathing even, tried to gather her thoughts as best she could whilst he talked.

'I thought your friend was different to you. But is she? You used me just liked she wanted to. You saw me as a play thing to keep you amused for a while just like she did. What is it with girls and guys in bands? You think being a lead singer somehow makes me more special than everyone else? Or more like a prize for you? Something you can talk to your friends about.'

'Elias...' she said. 'I never wanted to show off about you ... I'm married! Please, let's just talk about this, rationally. Just let me go. I will walk out of here and leave you alone, I promise ...'

His eyes burned with rage.

'I don't want you to leave me alone!' he screamed. 'I'm not going to be left all on my own!'

If you liked this chapter then please don't forget to vote! Also, your feedback is very welcome too, I always try to answer.