Chapter 54

Alana lay on the dusty ground, unable to move. She knew that she was bleeding too much, she could feel it. There was a kind of weakness she'd never felt before that crept along her body, like life itself were draining out of her. She managed to turn her eyes upwards and saw Elias' limp body lying there. He couldn't harm her now and he couldn't harm Snow. She thought of Riley, somewhere, her life taken by him ... She felt the blood seeping through her trousers, along the ground. Will I die too, here on this ground?

She thought of her family. I can't die. I love them too much, they need me. But when she tried to move her arms, then her legs, she couldn't. And when she tried to call out no sound came. Her eyes were heavy. An irresistible desire to sleep came upon her, an oblivion that she could lose herself in and let all the thoughts fade away, not think of what had just happened ...

Without warning she heard the familiar, deep sound of a revving engine. Her eyelids were closing. The sound seemed to get smaller, almost disappear but then she forced her eyes open again. There were footsteps, coming towards her. She let her eyelids fall, she couldn't help it and the blackness came again. Then there were arms, strong arms, scooping her up from the ground. Her head fell back and she opened her eyes, long enough to see a face she knew well, a face she loved dearly.

'Noah,' she whispered, so quietly she could hardly be heard.

She was in his arms now, held firmly against his chest.

'I'm here, Alana,' he said. 'I'm here.'

She looked up at him and saw tears in his eyes.

'I'm so sorry,' she said.

He stroked her hair back from her face.

'I know, darling,' he whispered. 'I know.'

'Snow,' she said.

'She's fine,' he answered. 'We found her - she just wants to see you. So stay with me.'

Alana let out a long sigh and closed her eyes, unable to resist any longer and after that, the whole world went black. 

If you liked this chapter then please don't forget to vote! Also, your feedback is very welcome too, I always try to answer.