Chapter 16 ~You Can't Leave Me

A/N I'm curious is this book even good or does it suck ass I want to know before I finish the whole book and decide it sucks. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts.

Chapter 16 ~You Can't Leave Me 

Of all the sad things I have ever heard, 'I used to be so happy' is the most heartbreaking of all. ~Nikita Gill 

********************

Axel's POV

I stared at Marisa as she went on a rampage destroying her room for the fifth time this week. Tears were running down her face as she angrily threw stuff around <She can't be doing to good> I said to Keiran.

<Who are you talking about Marisa or April> he answered.

<Both> I whispered. 

Keiran stayed quiet but I couldn't blame him we were on Drake's tail but he managed to get away somehow with April.  I was snapped out of my thoughts when a lamp came hurdling my way. I caught the lamp with ease but I didn't catch the book that Marisa threw my way because the lamp was in my hands. The book hit me in the middle of the forehead causing me to drop the lamp I sighed in defeat "Marisa calm down take a deep brea-" I tried to reason with her.

"CALM DOWN?!" she exclaimed angrily "My mate is out there some where and I am completely clueless as to where she is. And you expect me to calm down" she sobbed.

"I know we are working on it. Our best trackers along with Ricky's best trackers are working on finding her" I carefully worded so she wouldn't throw another book at me. 

I expected her to yell at me again but instead she sank down to her knees and cried "It hurts Axel" she said in a weak timid voice "I haven't seen her in a week. I haven't heard her laugh or seen her smile. I can't hold her in my arms at night as we watch Attack on Titan or run my hands through her hair when we wake up in the morning because she isn't here" Marisa cried. 

I didn't know what to say so I sat on the floor beside her and wrapped my arms around her "I can't say that I know or that I get what you're going through because I honestly don't. I don't know what it's like to lose a mate but losing your head like this won't get her back" I said "And we will get her back" I announced confidently. 

She glanced at me "Hopefully you never do" she said finally.

I gave her a confused look "Never do what" I asked. 

"I-I hope you never lose your mate" she said looking at the wall instead of at me "It hurts like hell. Do you know I don't sleep at night because I feel all the pain she is in and other times I knock out because the pain is unbearable" tears were running down her face again "I hope this never happens to you I'll hate to see you in so much pain that you become absolutely helpless" she whispered.

 My heart clenched painfully even when her mate is gone and she is breaking down she is still thinking about the well being of others. More specifically me. I felt useless instead of helping and counselling her she is counselling me instead. I was going to say something when a knock on the door cut me off "Come in" I said loud enough so the person on the other side can hear. 

Marisa glanced at me like if I was stupid "The rooms are sound proof Axel" she grumbled. She stood up and opened the door "James what are you doing here" she asked.

James looked at her "I came to check on you" he mumbled. "You were a mess a few days ago and now it just seems like you're an even bigger mess" he said.

"Fuck off" Marisa growled.

He smirked "There's the Marisa I know and love" he said.

Marisa was quiet for a moment as if the fact that James loved her took her by surprise. Yeah they do fight and never really get along but they do love each other like family. Marisa suddenly threw her arms around James and cried "She's gone James I just know it" she sobbed "I can feel it deep down I lost her and my children" she was clinging onto James for dear life as she cried. 

James looked alarmed he wasn't really good with tears he glanced at me for help. I just shrugged and made a gesture for him to comfort her. "Shh, calm down Marisa she isn't gone she is just missing but don't worry we'll get her back and everything will be okay" he said. 

"No James I can feel it and I-I know for a fact she's not here anymore" Marisa cried.

James picked her up and laid her on her bed -the only thing not destroyed- "Get some rest Marisa we'll see you when you wake up" James said.

Marisa nodded and turned to her side curling up into a little ball I tucked her in an walked out with James behind me. I walked into the room and James walked in after me and closed the door behind him. I couldn't take it anymore between losing April and seeing Marisa like that I was overwhelmed. I fell onto my bed as and silently cried my cries gradually started to get louder and more desperate. James wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest as I cried. 

"Everything turned to shit James" I said through my tears "Marisa is completely broken and she is convinced April is dead" I gripped onto his shirt afraid that he was going to leave also "I don't know what to do. Marisa was always the strongest out of the both of us and now she's completely broken" 

James stayed quiet for a moment then he kissed my head "Sometimes the strongest and bravest is the most broken" he said.

"I don't think that I'll be able to go through that" I said slowly "I won't be able to handle losing someone I love". James suddenly gripped my chin and forced me to look at him. His eyes held anger and jealousy but it wasn't directed towards me "James" I whispered.

"You can't leave me Axel. I know that you have this family tradition of arranged marriages or some shit but I'll be damned if I let them take you away from me" he growled. "You're mine and nobody can ever change that" his eyes grew colder with every word as if he was making a silent promise to himself to get rid of anybody who gets in his way. 

I laid down and pulled him on top of me I looked into his cold dead eyes and mentally sighed. I should be used to this by now James isn't one to show much emotion besides anger and hatred for the world. James leaned down and kissed my lips he went to pull away but I gripped his shirt "Kiss me like you mean it, James" I whispered huskily. 

He smirked down at me "So demanding" he whispered back before kissing me hungrily. 

I ran my hands through his hair as I kissed back just as hungrily. James pulled me closer to him making me squeak in surprise I felt him smirk and I rolled my eyes.  I sucked his tongue into my mouth taking him by surprise since I'm never this bold. I trailed a kiss down James' jawline to his neck before sucking on his sweet spot making him groan in response. "Axel" James moaned when I bit down on his neck. I gave his lips one last peck before pulling away so I can examine the mark I left him. 

Sure this mark would fade in time but I can always give him another when it does. I smirked and kissed the mark on his neck before looking him in the eyes "And you're mine James don't forget it" I commanded softly.

"Sir yes sir" James replied "You just love leaving marks on my neck don't you" he said.

"Well duh it shows people that you're my bitch" I told him.

He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around me "Whatever lest go to sleep you look like you need it" he mumbled tiredly.

He snuggled up against me and laid his head on my chest and fell asleep almost instantly I smiled down at him "I wish it can be like this forever" I whispered but deep down I knew that I can't just choose him over my mate as much as I want to I can't. It wouldn't be fair to them. 

******************

A/N That's chapter 16 you guys should feel special I stayed up writing this chapter even though I'm exhausted. Well BYEE!!