Chapter 17 ~Almost There

A/N School is almost out and graduation is near. And I still haven't decided on a university...is that bad. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts. 

Chapter 17 ~Almost There

The trouble is, you think you have time. ~Buddha 

*******************

April's POV

Time. 

You think you have all the time in the world until you're at a deadline.

And right now I'm at my deadline. 

How did it come to this my pack's boarder is right there we were so close and yet we failed. Tears started to well in my eyes but I fought them off I can't focus on crying...not now. I glanced to the ground where Clarissa was laying in fetal position bleeding from her head and sides before I glanced at the 3 rogues in front of me. 

I wasn't liking my odds I can't shift because I'm pregnant and I'm out numbered. If I can cross the boarder some how I can get help but I can't leave Clarissa out here after all she's done for me. I glance back at Clarissa who was now struggling to her feet she must have been thinking the same as me. 

Debating over who will fight -and most likely die- and who will cross over the territory line. 

Where the fuck is the perimeter patrol...like who the fuck is suppose to be on guard and where are they. >I'll fight them off you run to the boarder< Clarissa said through a telepathic link much like a pack link, but for vampires...I guess.

>NO! You can run faster and cross on time I'll hold them off< I yelled back telepathically 

>April, please think about your children< Clarissa pleaded >I can hold them off< 

I gave a cold glare to the rogues and got into a fighting stance >I am thinking about my unborn pups. And assuming that their still alive after all I've been through I still think you should cross you're in no condition to fight< I said 

>But-< she tried but I cut her off.

>JUST GO< I yelled.

She glanced at me then nodded and with that I yelled defiantly and charged at the rogues. I hesitated -my first mistake- to see Clarissa run the 100 meters and run into pack lands. I heard the warning howl almost immediately Clarissa turned to me the small fear in her eyes turned to a horrified look when the rogues tackled me to the floor. 

She ran back out and started to push the rogues off of me "Get off you fucking mutts" she hissed. 

Their teeth sunk into my arms and legs in attempt to get a hold on me. I kicked and punched but it didn't do much beside piss them off. The howls got louder which means the pack is close "Help us" I managed to scream so the pack will know I was there.

Clarissa punched a rogue on the snout making him whine she made a noise to express her triumph. Carissa screamed in pain when a rogue bit a chunk out of her thigh she hissed at him and extended her fangs making the rogues hesitate. I rolled out from under the rogues and struggled to my feet the few scratches and bite marks I have is nothing compared to how badly injured Clarissa is. I grabbed onto her waist and she put an arm around my shoulders as we struggled to keep each other up. 

My stomach hurt but I put it aside besides help is on it's way and my pups are going to be alright. A loud growl ripped through the are and I almost cried with relief the rogues ran away immediately but were followed by some warriors. Clarissa fell to her knees and I fell shortly after I glanced at her "We did it" I croaked.