Chapter 18 ~Son, You're Gay

A/N This book seems to be going fast but that's because I have big plans for this book still and I want to keep it around 25 to 30 chapters long (I don't know if I've mentioned this before). Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts.

Chapter 18 ~Son, You're Gay  

Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. ~Albert Einstein 

******************

James POV

"Did you know that James Marshall was an American carpenter, who reported the finding of gold at Coloma on the American River in California. This happened in January of 1848 this finding was the start of the gold rush" Axel announced I looked up from my work and looked at him. 

"Oh yeah" I muttered before going back to my work.

"Yeah, so I guess you're named after an old guy" Axel said.

"That's nice" I replied while adding up the numbers from this months sales. My eyebrows furrowed we are short on money either someone didn't pay the right amount or some of my men are stealing. 

"You're not listening" Axel whinned.

I looked up again "What was that? Oh yeah that's great" I said before going back to may work. I need to figure out what's going on with my gang before my dad finds out and kills me. I've been too distracted lately between April going missing and being with Axel I haven't been paying much attention to my gang. 

"Fine I'm taking a nap" Axel huffed before snuggling up to my pillows and closing his eyes. 

I went back to work and sent a few texts to Dylan about the situation which he didn't answer. About an hour later I decided to take a break I looked up and saw Axel sleeping I felt myself smile before I went and laid down next to him. I smiled warmly down at him before giving him a sweet kiss I was about to lay back down when I heard a throat being cleared. I looked up and saw my father glaring daggers at me he motioned me over so I slowly got out of bed and followed him out of the room.

Shit, shit, shit was the only thing going on in my mind as he walked into his office with me following in toe. He suddenly stop walking and turned around before I could say anything he slapped me. I stood their looking at him unfazed it'll only be worse if I say something back to him. 

"What were you doing to him" he seethed 

I shrugged "I kissed him" I answered 

My father glared at me "Do you think that he would appreciate knowing that you kissed him in his sleep. Do you think he would still want to be friends with a fag like you" my father spit out. "I can't believe that my son is gay" he seethed through clenched teeth. 

It's a good thing my father didn't figure out that Axel and I are in a relationship or that Axel is gay. Who knows what my father would do to him. 

"I don't know" I answered.

"Maybe that's why your gang is failing the gang I struggled so hard to start only to have my son destroy it completely. You've been too busy lusting after a boy " he growled. 

"Can I go now this conversation seems pointless" I ignored his past comments.

He scoffed "I struggled so hard for success and glory only for my son to be a fag and bring the family name down" 

"Honey, are you in here" My mother knocked on the door.

My father's demeanor changed and a bright smile stretched across his face "Yes dear come in" he exclaimed "You're dismissed" my father said to me without giving me a second glance. 

As I was walking out of the room my mother stopped me "Oh James, Axel was just asking for you" she said. 

I nodded and made my way to my room Axel looked up from his phone to look at me a bright smile on his face. His smile fell and he looked at me worriedly "What" I asked. 

"What happened to your face" he asked while sitting up.

"Nothing what happened to your face" I asked. 

He rolled his eyes "Let's go out" he said changing the subject. 

I was tempted to say yes but I had to go to the warehouse and find out what's going on with my gang. "Can't I have stuff to do" I said while grabbing my shoes so I could leave. 

"Oh fun, can I go too" he asked.

"No" I answered without looking at him.

"Well why no-" he persisted but I cut him off 

"Because I said so" I snapped he flinched and a hurt look slipped onto his face but he shook his head and smiled at me. 

"That's okay I'll just ask Noah if he wants to hang out" he said. 

"Whatever, do what you please" I grumbled "Listen I have to go see you later" I said. 

Axel nodded and came up to me for a kiss but I pushed him aside "What are you doing" I asked. Axel looked embarrassed to say the least "Whatever I have to get going I trust that you know the way out" I asked without looking at him. I sent Dylan a text saying I was heading over to pick him up. 

"Uh yeah I do" Axel mumbled numbly "See you at school" Axel said before leaving. 

"You're such an ass" I heard Stacy say from the door. "Whatever you were dissing him for I hope it's worth it" she snapped. 

 I rolled my eyes and walked past her "He was getting in the way and slowing me down I'm sure he'll understand" I snapped before walking to my car and driving off.

***********************

"Hi James" a girl said in a flirtatious voice

I glared up at her "What do you want" I snapped.

She looked unfazed by my tone and gave me a lustful look "I just wanted to know if you wanted to have some fun. You haven't been around lately and I'm starting to miss your touch on my body" she said.

"No thanks" I said dismissively 

She smirked at me "The offer is still on the table in case you change your mind" she said before walking away slowly.

I looked at my men and they were looking at me funny maybe it's because I never turn down a hook up. Then fear hit me what if they find out I'm gay what if they start getting suspicious. I stood up without thinking and walked up to the girl from behind "You know what I changed my mind" I whispered in her ear making her giggle "Let's have some fun" I gripped her waist and pulled her against me. Axel will understand I'm sure. 

My men started to whistle and yell I looked up smugly but my smug look almost fell when I came face to face with Dylan's disapproving glare. The girl grabbed me by the shirt and dragged me out of the room.

I hope Axel will forgive me.

*****************

A/N James you idiot. You guys must hate me. Anyway it's a short chapter I know but I was lazy. Well BYEE!!!