o

Once that final bell rang, you knew it was time for the holidays. Kids skated to their lockers, emptying them like there was no tomorrow just to get out of school. In the meantime you dragged your feet behind Kevin. You guys bumped into your brother Archie and Betty who were both happily chatting away at Betty's locker.

"Archie and I were just about to find you guys, we should all have dinner at Pop's, before Cheryl's party." Betty said with a chirp. You did wonder how you all go invited, oh wait now you remember. Jason and Archie were great friends on the football field and Cheryl had a massive liking for Archie. Hence why you go invited. Archie being who he is, would only go if Kevin, Betty and Jughead all got invited. And this is why we're all still standing by Betty's locker.
"You know we have to come back to school after the Fourth of July weekend." Kevin rolled his eyes and this poor excuse for a party.
"Still." Betty smiled. "I'll go ask Jughead if he wants to join us." She skipped off.
"It's alright guys." You say smiling to your brother.
"Oh come on (Y/N). It's just one party."
"I'm not feeling so well." You lie.
"At least come for dinner." Kevin added knowing something was up with you.
"Yeah and come to Thornhill. If you get scared we'll drive home."
"It's not that I'm scared Archie." You crossed your arms as he teased you. "You know Cheryl gives me the creeps." You shudder your shoulders. Archie sighs.
"Honestly (Y/N). She put spiders in your sandwich once, in second grade and you still haven't forgiven her." Archie added and Kevin laughed.
"Fine." You say giving up. "I'll come."

Dinner at Pops was normal. Everyone was discussing what would be happening over the break.
"Dad wants us working at Fred Construction." Archie said pinching at his fries.
"We pound and nail." You roll your eyes at the stupid catch phrase.
"You know who I'd love to pound and nail." You hear Reggie chuckle as he walked over to your booth.
"Oh god." You hear Jughead mutter.
"You guys going to Thornhill later?" Reggie puffed his chest. "I have an extra car seat if anyone wants to take it?" Reggie asked softly looking at you.
"I'll -" Kevin began to says.
"No thanks." You mutter looking at Reggie.
"Your lost." He smirks walking off.
"What was that all about?" Betty asked and you sigh. You ignore her question.
"So Kevin, how did your Dad take your 'coming out' speech?" You asked him. Kevin just laughed.
"Pretty good. He was like, I've always known let's go get burgers. So we did."
"Well that's awesome. Your dads the best." You smile sympathetically.
"No his not." Jughead mumbles.
"He speaks!" Kevin nudged Jughead and he pulled his beanie further down.

Arriving at Thornwill was always an odd experience. You had been there once before, no twice. The first time was when your parents and the Blossom parents wanted to speak about the spider incident. The second time was when Jason invited over Archie for a afternoon football practise. This was only in the last six months. You had to drive with your father to pick him up. That experience was interesting. Cheryl pulled you inside and showed you her extensive make up collection. She always wore red lipstick so it was no surprise she had 20 tubes of her favourite colour. You remember that evening well. She gave you a lip gloss. It was a peach colour. You were running out of it so you needed to ask Cheryl where she got it from. Cheryl and you always bumped heads, but she always stood up for you. There was this one time in Geography where you didn't have a partner so she ditched her partner to be with you. You could trust her, just a little bit though. Ever since that spider incident you always watched her with a close eye.

Thornhill was exactly how you remember it. Dark, gloomy, sad. It was always like they were preparing for a funeral, hence that massive graveyard next to their house. You turn to your brother as you enter the house.
"I'll text you when I'm leaving." You smile to him going to find Cheryl.
"I'm going with (Y/N)."
"Jug, it's fine." You smile to him. "I can walk back alone."
"Alright then." Jughead said walking into the house and walking back out.
"I'm leaving." Jughead announced and sleuthed away. You roll your eyes at his pettiness. You remembered where Cheryl's room was, so you headed in that direction. You knock on her door.
"(Y/N). It's so good to see you again." She said hugging you, which was a total surprise. "How can I help you?" She asks you grinning.
"Oh, you know that lip gloss you gave me, yeah, I'm running out and I really like the colour and formula, I was just wondering where you got it from so I can buy some more."
"Oh (Y/N) Andrews. Don't be silly." Cheryl smirked. Huh? You look at her confused. She skipped off to her make up table. "One of my dear, dear Aunties works for Covergirl. She's always giving me free samples of lip sticks and glosses. I knew you were more of a gloss girl, I was, but I had a change of thought and now I wear my signature red lips." She went rummaging through her drawers. "Here we are." She smiled getting out three more tubes of the same gloss. "Take these."
"Cheryl-"
"Take them. It's the least I can do." She smiled and you smile back. "Oh. Well, I think everyone's here." She smiled putting on a white fur coat. You assumed one of her family members that probably killed it for practice and made it into a coat. This red-headed family gave you the creeps. You know what was always creepy as well, the fact that you and Archie were the only two other members of Riverdale that had red hear. Yours was a bit darker but your brothers was really bright.
"Shall I meet you down stairs?" Cheryl asked you nodded.
"Yeah. Which way to your bathroom again?" You ask Cheryl exiting her bedroom.
"Just to the right." She smiled and waved as you headed in the right direction.

Just after drying your hands, you exit the bathroom and bump into Reggie. Oh crap.
"Hey Reggie." You mutter.
"Hey beautiful. What's gotten you tied in a knot? Not happy to see me, huh?" He smirked sipping on his red cup. Not happy to see him? You were more than happy to see Reggie, just when your brother wasn't around. You had the biggest crush on Reggie. But he was your brothers mate. It's like a rule of bro code.
"Actually Reggie. I'm really happy to see you." You smile to him.
"R-really?" He asks taken aback.
"Yeah. But I should get going." You tell him moving your weight from one foot to the other. Reggie takes your hand.
"Why so soon princess?" He asks in a caring manner.
"What's up with all the nicknames?" You asked him as you both begin to walk down the hall.
"Would you prefer it if I called you Little Andrews?"
"No." You grumble. Your brother and yourself were born 13 minutes apart.
"That's what I thought (Y/N)." He smiled as you stopped as you spotted Polly and Jason talking. You didn't even realise they were a 'thing'. Betty never spoke about those two together. Note to self, ask her what's going on between those two.
"Hey (Y/N). D-do you mind if I ask you something?" Reggie asks you fixing his cap.
"Sure." You shrug smiling at him, a small blush crept on your cheeks.
"Are you and Jughead, an item or something?"
"Jughead and I, gross. No way."
"Is it because his a serpent?"
"No. It's because he is like a brother to me."
"What I am to you?"
"Pardon?" You asked shocked as Reggie spoke fast.
"Well, if Jughead's like another brother to you, what am I?"
"I uhh, I don't really know you that well Reg." you say shortening his nickname.
"Well let's get to know each other, seeing I know we both don't wanna be here right now." Reggie pointed out.
"That's true." You said and Reggie gestures for you to sit down in the hallway away from the rest of the party.

After about a good twenty minutes of talking, you found out you and Reggie actually had a tonne in common and he already knew a heap about you. He knew your favourite colour, he knew about your family situation- Archie must had told him about your mother moving to Chicago. He already knew you wanted to be a nurse, you actually hadn't told anyone that but he just knew. He claimed because you were a people person. You giggled at his words.
"I-I should get going. Sorry Reggie." You tell him.
"Don't be sorry. I'll drive you home."
"It's alright-"
"(Y/N), it's raining." He pointed out as you both began to walk down the stairs to go outside.
"I-if you don't mind, that would be awesome." You smile at Reggie as he walks you over to his car. The car ride to your house was pretty quiet, just a bit of background music was needed.
"We should uhh, catch up over the break." Reggie suggested parking the car a block away from your house.
"Sounds good." You smile at him. Sounds good? What does that even mean. Oh god. You've embarrassed yourself.
"Awesome. How about the drive in or something? Or you can come to my house? Just tell your dad you're tutoring me or something." He said with a smirk. You smile widely.
"Thanks again Reggie." You said unbuckled the seatbelt.
"I'm being serious (Y/N). I like you, you're different. You're special."
"Reggie. What's gotten into you?"
"Please. Just let me show you." He sighed facing you. He unbuckled his seatbelt. "You have really nice eyes, you know that right?" No one had really commented on your looks before if you really didn't know what to say. Reggie leaned in and his soft lips touched your glosses ones. The moment between you two was good. Good? Hell is was better than good. It was like everyone piece of the puzzle had come together. It was amazing.
"I'll uhh, text you later Reg." you smiled as you pulled away from him.