vi

"I'll try." Archie introduce his song. I sat a could of rows back from the group but sat a row in front of Reggie just a couple of seats to the side so it didn't look like I was with him. Veronica sat front row like a supportive girlfriend would. I always thought Betty and Archie would get together, hence why I'm closer with Jughead rather than her because it would be weird if they ever broke up.
"Try harder. Try not sucking so much." Reggie shouted from the middle row. Why was he even here? To see Reggie fail. That's your team mate, you best mate yet your rival. My brother. I knew this wasn't going to end well.
"Give him a chance." I whipped my head around.
"Whatever Andrews." Reggie smirked. I hated him calling me by my last name. I watched Archie and smiled at him encouraging. He ended up getting really nervous and chickened out if the audition.

"Whatcha talking about? Anything I can help with?" Archie asked Betty and Jughead as they sat down with Valerie and I.
"What we're attempting is a stealth operation Archie. If we go in there with the entire Scooby gang, forget it, we're compromised."
"Don't you have to practise." Betty said gesturing towards Valerie.
"I don't." Archie said pouting at Val.
"Except that you do, because a little someone call Veronica-" Veronica said walking over with her tray of food and sitting in between Val and Arch, causing me to be pushed off the seat. Jughead looked at me with sympathy. Archie didn't say a word. This got me fired me. I sighed. I didn't bother saying another word and just walked off and found Reggie and sat with him and Moose.
"How's football?" I asked Reggie and Moose.
"You're the first girl to ask us about football, like ever." Moose laughed and Reggie smiled at me.
I saw in the corner of my eye Archie slam his fists on the table.
"I don't like the way he's touching her."
"There's nothing going on between them. Chill." Jughead chuckled. Betty move her hand on Archie's hand and he sat down.
"What's up his arse?" Reggie asked me and I rolled my eyes.
"I don't really know." I mumbled and sipped on my coffee.
"What do you say Archiekins, are you at Jay to my Bey?" Veronica asked Archie. He chuckled and nodded excitedly.

"So, how's your first day Mrs Lodge? Does everything make sense?" I asked opening up a filing cabinet. Dad left some paper work at the house so I thought I would drop it off.
"It's only paper work dear. Everything's really good. I'll call you if I need any help." Mrs Lodge said pointing her pen down and smiling. "Please just call me Hermione." She smiled and I nodded closing the cabinet. Dad walked in.
"Oh (Y/N). What are you doing here?"
"You left your paper work in the front room. Just thought I would drop it off."
"Thanks (Y/N)." Dad waved as I left. I spotted Veronica in a mustard colours drop with matching black skirt and boots.
"Hey." I acknowledged her.
"Hey girl. Is everything alright? Whatever happened at lunch I'm so sorry." She begged.
"It's all good." I smiled. It was the first lunch time Reggie and I had actually spent together. "I hear you're performing with Arch. That's gonna be fun. I suppose I'll see you around at ours helping him practise." I smiled rubbing my arm.
"I don't know. We might just practise at school." Veronica said.
"Alright, well, I shouldn't keep you waiting. See you at school tomorrow." I waved.
"See ya girl." She said back heading in the direction of Dads construction trailer where I just can out of. About a minute later Veronica came running up behind me.
"I just saw our parents kissing each other." She chocked out like she wanted to vomit.

"Reggie. I just don't understand."
"Babe, just breathe." He said placing his hands on my shoulders. "Just take a long deep breath and breathe." He said and I followed his actions. "Better?"
"Not really." I shook my head. He sat me on his bed and I looked out in front of me, starring at his football and basketball posters I had seen numerous times before.
"Even if you don't want to tell me what's wrong, I'll still be here for you."
"Why are you so nice to be Reg?"
"Because (Y/N)." He jumped and slumped down next to me. I lay my head on his pillow facing him. "Because you're special. You're my girlfriend, and I was always nice to you, you're crazy talented, you've supported me through everything. Remember that time in fifth grade when Archie pulled my pants down during a basketball game-" I giggled at the memory.
"Causing me to trip and I breaking my hand. Do you remember who ran down from the stands to help me up and mend my hand whilst we waited for an ambulance." I blushed at the fact he remembered that. "You did (Y/N). That's when I knew I wanted to be friends with you, or at least show you more respect than I was giving you." Reggie smiled fixing his messy hair and then kissing my forehead. "I'm glad you missed that stupid dinner with your father, Mrs Lodge and Mayor McCoy." Reggie smirked as he wrapped his arms around me.
"But I've still got to go to that stupid variety show Archie's in." I mumbled and he nodded and tucked my head into his chest. "Don't say that name in this bed. Please." He chuckled and I giggled.
"Never again." I said and sighed. "Archie is too busy to talk to me anymore. He always spends time with Veronica and I don't know if she likes me, she definitely likes you-"
"Gross."
"But I don't know if Archie knows that I know that Mrs Lodge and Dad kissed. Dad spends so much time with Archie these days, it feels like he doesn't even care about me anymore."
"Babe. Your father is a busy man. Of course he loves you. Your dick of a brother is just trying something new. You've just got Daddy issues."
"Why does everyone in this town have parent issues?" You giggle as Reggie laughs. You felt safe with him around, that's for sure.

~*~

QOTD: What Riverdale/ 13 Reasons Why character do you relate to the most?