iv

Readers Outfit:

~*~

After some randoms wedding Dad insisted that I come with him and Archie to support Miss Grundy in her classical music band, we headed to Pop's for dinner. There was a weird vibe from both Miss Grundy and Arch all day.

"Now that's an odd combo of people." You head Kevin say as you walk in.
"I'll be back." Betty announces and walks over to us.
"Betty." Archie says like he's shocked.
"Hey Betty."
"Hey Mr Andrews, Miss Grundy, (Y/N). Archie can I talk to you?" Betty asked coming over to our booth just as we sat down. I turned my head and noticed Jughead, Veronica and Kevin sitting in the booth where Betty just came from watching us.
"Sure. I'll call you later." Archie said politely to his best friend.
"No actually, now. Just school stuff, outside." She said shaking her head. Why does she was Archie's help? I'm in all of her classes. Archie walked off with Betty and I sat alone with Dad and Miss Grundy as they spoke. This has got to be the most awkward dinner I've ever been too. Just as Veronica got up to go outside to join her friends, I scooted next to Jughead.
"What's got you in a fowl mood?" I asked him taking one of Veronica's onion rings and pulling it in half.
"The Drive In's closing." He frowned. I was the only one that knew that Jughead lived there. I sighed.
"I'm so sorry Jug." I said placing my hand on his shoulder.
"It's all good." I looked at him and shook my head just as Kevin tuned out.
"Don't lie to me." I muttered.
"We're gonna have a closing night, you in?"
"Yeah. I'll be there." I nodded.
"Awesome." Jughead smiled. It was rare to see him smile.

"Why not?" Betty asked Archie as she stood with him and Veronica outside my house.
"Archie it's getting late." I said gesturing for him to come inside.
"You better tell her, or we will." Veronica said and I looked at her confused.
"Whatever guys. See you at school." Archie shrugged and entered our house.
"That's weird." I laughed as Archie began to walk upstairs.
"Yeah. Oh, I'm walking you to school tomorrow." Archie demanded and I nodded.
"No worries." You say to your older brother as you follow him upstairs to your separate rooms.

"We think Archie and Betty should stop spending time together. Their relationship isn't  good. For either of them, and their respected behaviour reflects that." Alice Cooper said as she stood with her husband at the front door. 
"Hi Mr and Mrs Cooper. How are you?" I asked walking down the stairs getting ready to meet Reggie at the drive in.
"Swell (Y/N). Thank you for asking." Alice sneered and then turned to my father once more who was carelessly drinking his coffee out of his only mug which Archie and I brought him for a Father's Day present years ago.
"If there is anything you can do on your end-"
"My son is a good kid."
"I live next door Fred. I see him sneaking out at night, sneaking off into the darkness at all hours."
"Alice." Dad paused. "Are you spying on us?" Dad accused her. Nice one dad.
"Come on Hal. We said what we came to say, it's on him if he chooses to ignore us." Alice smirked and left. Dad nodded and shut the door.
"Good luck trying to explain that to Arch, Dad." I told him and he sighed.
"He's out with Betty as we speak." Dad said taking another sip out of his mug.

"Would you two stop for one second and enjoy the movie?" Jughead complained as Reggie and I pulled away from our make out session on Jugheads made up bed. Reggie was too dumb to realise it was a bed.
"Sorry Jug." I mumbled as cuddled into Reggie's chest as he put his arm around me. It was closing night at the Twilight. 'Rebel Without A Cause' as playing. During the movie Reggie would twirl my hair with his fingers and would place a kiss or two on my head. I watched Jughead closely examine the Drive In from his spot. I sighed.
"Babe. Do you mind getting some more pop corn?" I asked Reggie pulling away from him.
"No worries." He said grabbing his wallet and phone from the table next to us. "Do you want anything Jughead?" Reggie asked using Jug's full name. Well it's actually Forsythe, but I'm not going to tell him that.
"No thanks." Jughead shrugged him off. As Reggie left, I leaned forward.
"Thanks again Jughead. I appreciate you keeping this secret. You know you're always welcomed to stay at the Andrews residence." You smile at him. Not that FP would care. 
"It's fine. It's not the only secret I'm keeping." Jughead mumbled.
"Jug, I know you don't speak to Arch much anymore, but you probably know more than me." I said to him and he turned away, facing me rather than the movie. "What's going on with him?" I asked him and he sighed.
"Do you really wanna know?" Jughead asked and I nodded. "Him and Miss Grundy were together during the Fourth of July weekend."
"Is that why Archie asked me for $50 yesterday? Dad turning the garage into a music studio. Oh god does Dad know? Is that why Veronica and Betty were sleuthing around our house the other day." 
"I'm surprised you hadn't figured it out yet. You're just as slow as Mantle. You've been hanging around him too much." Jughead joked. "In all seriousness (Y/N). Don't tell anyone."

Your night seemed to be the best out of everyone's. Your father sent you a message asking you to come home before it gets too late. He assumed you were at the Drive In with Cheryl, Veronica and Kevin. He had some important things to discuss. Reggie dropped you a block away as per usual. You walk home with your iPhone flashlight and the dim street lights guiding your way. You stop at your house and noticed your brother hugging your father, a scene you had only seen once before. When your mother left for Chicago.