i

Archie's got a date with Betty." You skip down the stairs singing.
"It's not a date." Archie groaned. "We're just catching up. We haven't seen each other all summer break."
"We haven't seen each other all summer break either." You pout to your brother as you join him in the kitchen.
"She's got a point Archibald." Fred says to his son.
"We worked pretty much everyday together." Archie rolled his eyes getting a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Anyways, Betty is like a sister to me, you know that." Archie pointed out to (Y/N) as he sipped on his water and patted Vegas. You shrug.
"Okay then." You smile.

"Hey Dad. First day of school and I'm already late!" Archie runs down the stairs. "Hey Vegas." He stops to pat te family dog. You sat by the bench on your phone. You couldn't help but smile at the most recent text message from Reggie.
"Hey you uhh, stopping by the site later?" Fred asked his son.
"Dad it's my first day."
"We gotta get you going in the office." You scrof at your father's words. "So next summer you're not on the crew. There was an awkward silence as you joined your father and brother. "I can't I've got football try outs." Another pause. "Is that not okay?"
"No. No, it's uh, it's okay. Good luck." Fred says to your brother and he walks out leaving you behind. You kiss your father on the cheek.
"Bye Dad." You wave.
"(Y/N). Keep an eye out for him for okay? I don't want him to get overwhelmed."
"What about me?"
"I know you (Y/N). You've got everything planned. Archie, he's a pre-pubescent boy." Your father chuckled. "And (Y/N), no boys." He points to you. You roll your eyes leaving. Thankfully Archie was walking with Betty. You skip around the corner and spot Reggie's truck. You hop in it and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you for driving me." You smile to him.
"No worries." He smiles blushing starting the car.
"I hear football try outs are this afternoon." You mutter starting conversation.
"Heck yeah. I'm also gonna try out for captain."
"Reggie that's awesome. You're totally going to get it, but-"
"But what."
"But Archie's also going out for captain as well." I told him.
"Looks like I have some competition with Andrews, huh?" He chuckled and you giggle.
"Anyways. I think you'll get it Reg." you smile at him as he focuses on the road and then looking at you for a second. He parks the car and placed a hand on your thigh.
"I'll see you in the common room." He says and pecks your lips.
"Looking forward to it." You smile grabbing your bag and books off your lap and walking into school. You find Betty and Archie.
"There you are sis." He groans.
"I was right behind you guys. Chill." You lie reaching your locker which just happened to be right next to Archie's. Betty went off to give the new-girl who I haven't met yet a tour of the school. Just as I opened my locker I peeked down at Archie's notepad. Is he writing lyrics?
"Oh, that explains the bags under your eyes." You tease your brother. "You were writing music."
"They're unfinished." Archie sighed and you shrug not really caring at your brothers new found hobby. You had never heard him sing or play an instrument. Well there was that one time when everyone had to leave the recorder but that doesn't really count.
"Bro, you are ready for football. I'm not kidding, you dude, you got ripped." Reggie said leaning against the locker to the right of Archie. I tuned out for a couple of seconds as Reggie said something about Archie's arms and then being made out of diesel. If we wanted our relationship to be secret, I needed to act like I was tuning out. I grabbed my things for my first two classes. "What are you benching? 220, 225. Gotta give me some tips man." He then went on about tea. Archie pinched my shoulder as he walked off with Reggie as a goodbye. Reggie gave me one last wink as he walked off with my brother.
"It's from working construction Reg." Archie told him putting on his jacket. I told you that Reggie. I was working with him. That's why I couldn't sneak off heaps.
"Oh yeah yeah that's right." He said like he didn't believe him. "Yo Moose!" Reggie shouted down the hall. I turned the other way and headed to my first class. An assembly was called. Probably to talk about Jason Blossoms death. I had sent Cheryl a bunch on messages when I found out about her poor brother. We had talked over the phone. I don't really know how she was coping, but I hope she was alright.