xi

I spread some jam onto my toast and joined Mom and Archie at the table.
"The reason why I came-"
"It's because of the divorce." Archie cut mom off. He's not stupid. "Because I called Dad." When did you call Dad? During Jugheads party.
"You know, I thought Riverdale would be better for you than Chicago, it would be safer."
"It's okay mom. Really, I'm okay. And I mean, it hasn't all be that bad, my friends are amazing . Dad and I are closer than ever right now and also-" Archie said looking at me.
"You've been singing." Mom cut him off. I bowed my head and took a bite of my toast.
"Song writing, yeah. And singing
"And your dad tells me you're great. I hope you'll play me some songs before I go."
"Yeah, for sure. I'm playing at the dance, so if you wanna see me play live." Mom nodded at Archie's idea. I heard a car horn outside our house. I'm guessing Reggie is giving up on the whole idea of parking a block away now.
"I've uhh, I've gotta go." I said pushing my plate across the table. "I'm catching up with someone...before school." I smiled and Archie rolled his eyes. "I'll see you at school Arch." I said waving bye to Mom and Archie.
"She still doesn't like to talk much, does she?" Mom asked Archie as I walked too the front door. I didn't hear what Archie said as I walked out. I didn't want to say that Reggie was driving me to school in front of Archie. I didn't really want to see his reaction.

During lunch, I was sitting with Archie, Jughead, Kevin, Veronica and Betty. It was all peaceful and the whole 'me and Reggie dating' hadn't come up yet. But it was bound too. I didn't want Archie to snap like he did last night. Cheryl came strutting over.
"Sorry to interrupt but I have an announcement to make. One that potentially involves you Betty." Betty sighed. "I'm bringing Polly to the dance as my date, and we're campaigning to be co-queens together."
"Because why-"
"Because light night smurffette, but all rights it should've been Polly and Jason on that stage being crowned- this is the next best thing." Cheryl looked around the table. "So, don't forget to vote." She clapped her hands together and the looked at me. "I've already out yours in (Y/N). Thank you for voting for me." She smiled. I didn't even know voting was running. She can't just tick my name off and say I voted. "And I'll see everyone at my coronation." Cheryl left and I stabbed my fork into my not so wam mac and cheese. Archie grabbed my wrist and stopped me and then turned to Betty.
"Betty about the homecoming dance, and I play a couple of songs, I kinda told my mom-" Archie stopped when Betty showed an unusual facial expression. "-whoa you don't want me too."
"No no. It's not that Arch. Uhm, this dance needs to be...fun and your songs as amazing as they are-" Betty eagerly said.
"Make you want to slit your wrists-" I shook my head at Jughead "-in a good way."
"In an amazing away." Veronica paused. "But no need to fret Betty because Archie asked me to sing with me and we're thinking about doing some upbeat covers." I choked on my food as Veronica said that. When was that decided?
"We are?"
"Aren't we?" She asked.

"Oh there he is." Dad said as Mom and I were trying to choose a good take out place to get food from.
"Son, we're trying to decided between pizza and Chinese food. What do you think?"
"Uhh, we always do pizza." 
"Let me guess, pepperoni and red bell pepper."
"Alright, well, moon palace still deliver. We can get-"
"General So's chicken, scallion pancakes and vegetable dumplings, family style." Mom said putting an emphasis on the word 'family'. Because that's what we were supposed to be. Dad coughed.
"What's wrong son?" Dad asks Archie and he looked at me.
"What? Nothing." He paused.
"Its probably just he's not used to you guys together." I smiled hoping Archie wouldn't bring up anything else and would save my arse in the future.
"It's nice but..." Archie trailed off not saying another word. There was a silence between everyone. Silence is like another sibling.
"Jughead, hey." Archie said as he came downstairs.
"Am I interrupting a family meeting? I can come back."
"Absolutely not Jug." I smiled gesturing for him to come into the kitchen.
"So, who's going to the dance?" I put my hand slightly up. "Besides your dad and me, oh and Hermione." My dad raised an eyebrow at her comment about Hermione. "Whom I invited."
"You did?" Believe me mom, if you really knew what was going between those two then you wouldn't have invited her.
"We'll talk about it."
"Wait, you guys are going to the dance?"
"We were talking about it." Dad said gesturing to mom and himself.
"We both wanna here you play, if it's still happening."
"If you're good with it."  Dad spoke to Archie. I put my thumb up as an okay and Jughead smirked and nodded because he knew how much it meant for Archie to have both of our parents watching him.
"Yeah totally."
"Good." Mom smiled and looked at me.
"So, who's escorting you (Y/N)?" Mom asked.
"Her boyfriend." Jughead teased and Archie looked at him like he wanted to punch him.