3. JESSICA'S POV

The rain picked up and the roar of thunder were becoming more frequent as time passed by. I wasn't sure where I was going, I just knew I would need to find a cave soon, or at least find supplies for me to build a shelter to shield me from the horrible conditions.

As I scoured for cover I could've sworn I heard footsteps coming from my East. Silently and swiftly I hid behind an oak tree, constantly peering over my shoulder. My hand wrapped around the handle of sword. I could feel the rough cloth that wrapped around it beneath my calloused palms. I've had that sword for years on end, given to me on my 10th birthday by the Prince of Azgeda, back then I could barely hold the thing up with two hands.

"Bellamy! Over here, I swore I heard something moving by these trees." It was a man, dressed in all black, a uniform of some sort. A weapon, a gun perhaps, strapped around him, aiming in front of him with his finger on the trigger.

"Keep all eyes open, stay focused and alert. Miller. Monty. You two head that way, Monroe, you're with me. Joseph go with Tom where he heard the sounds, report back here. Clear?" The guy with the curly black hair ordered the others as he, his partner and the others went the opposite direction of me.

The other two, Joseph and Tom, were still scouting my area. It was dangerous for me to be out here, but I knew that I wasn't defenseless. I had trained my whole life to fight in war, I was the best of best in fighting skills and strategic maneuvers. I knew I had to get out of the situation I was in, and I had to get out fast. To my best ability I climbed the tree to the closest branch. The branch stretched out far enough to just about make it to the top of the cave I was to seek shelter in before the men came, if I could crawl to the end of the branch and leap onto the top of the cave, I'd be out of there no problem. Just as I was about to leap from the branch, a gust of wind blew and I lost my balance ultimately knocking me down to the floor with a hard thud.

Right away the two guys bolted in my direction, weapons raised and pointed. "GROUNDER!" They both yelled, presumably to warn the others. "Put your hands up and drop your weapon."

"I don't want any trouble. Just let me leave and we'll be all good here." My hands were up, my sword placed on the ground, but my mind was going through thousands of different scenarios. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Who are you?" The one with the caramel colored skin, Joseph, asked. Even with night falling and the heavy rain, I could see the nervousness in his body language and the fear in his hazel eyes. His wrinkles by his eyes as he squinted and the bags under them showed signs of lack of sleep, possibly coming up on 3 days. The other, Tom, a white guy, shaggy hair on top and shaved on the sides. He had brown eyes and scar down the middle of his right eyebrow. He was solid, no fear, no nerves, you could tell he was used to commotion. He must have been a guard or so for whichever clan they came from.

"You don't need to know who I am, just let me go."

"We can't do that."

"I'm warning you right now, I don't want to hurt you." I was getting aggravated and impatient with their idiocy. "What am I to you people anyway? I'm no one, you don't have to know who I am. I'm a ghost, that's all."

"You're a threat," Tom spat, "you grounders...you kill people!"

"And you don't?" I retorted. "Judging by your guns, I'd say you could kill more people with one shot using that thing than I could with a swing of my sword." None of them spoke. "So it's true, you've killed people huh? So why not kill me too while you're at it?"

From a distance we could hear the others running from the other directions, "the others are almost here, get on your knees and we won't have to hurt you."