11. ROAN'S POV

It was quiet as the sky turned from a dark gray to pitch black. The only light coming from the sliver of a moon up above. Bellamy, Monty and I stood guard of the front gates while the others set perimeter. I hoped in my head that this would end nicely with no one dying but I knew hope was for the desperate, and that, I was not.

My heart ached for Skaikru, knowing what would be of their fate once Jessica returned. My heart ached for Ice Nation because they are my people born and raised. And my heart ached for Jessica knowing there may be no other chance for the two of us. No chance for our future. No chance, point blank.

The sound of Monty's heavy sigh snapped me out of my thoughts. "Do you think we're going to die?"

Bellamy huffed, "if anyone's going to die it's going to be one of them. Jessica goes first."

I could feel my jaw tighten and the feeling in my chest had sunken into my stomach. Jessica would not die. "No one is going to die."

"Look here Roan, your little prissy pants of a girlfriend is threatening our people. Whether or not you decide to help us is your choice but if she even THINKS about getting anywhere near Octavia, I won't think twice about killing her when my blade is pressed up against her neck!"

"You will only be making this worse for the both of our people. Not is the time to make rash decisions!"

BOOOOOOM!

A loud crash and then spews of fire lit from behind us. The war was beginning and there would be no holding of mercy.

From everywhere in Arkadia, the sounds of screaming people grew louder and louder, soon people were running all over the place and through the gates I could see Ice Nation steadily approaching.

"ATTACK!" The angry tone of Bellamy could be heard from all the way across the front grounds. He and and many others charged out of the gates and straight into Azgeda.

"BELLAMY NO!" I shouted after him. It was no use so I ran after them to get them to stop. Clarke picked up pace with me as she saw Bellamy and the others run out as well.

Azgeda were no longer moving, in fact they seemed uninterested to fight as we kept charging at them closer and closer. The only ones armed and ready were the first line of people. It was a trap.

CLINK! The sounds of blades going as Bellamy took the first swing immediately getting his sword knocked out of his hand and he getting thrown onto the ground. The others of Skaikru attempted an attack just like Bell but their fate only ended the same as his. They stood diagonally behind me now, Clarke looking at me with concern and hope.

"Where is she?" I spoke. "WHERE IS SHE?! JESSICA!"

Amongst the crowd of Azgedan warriors came a man I was familiar with.

"Confid. My dear friend and mentor." I took a step forward placing my hands firmly on his shoulders, "you must help me. Help us, get Jessica to stop."

He shook his head with despair, "it's much too late my prince. Gona is no more."

"What do you mean by that, Confid?"

He turned around and walked back into the crowd of warriors, they too then turned around and retreated back to where they came from. Gona is no more. What did that mean?! That she was dead? That she had left? What?! We all returned back to the base, the fire put out and Clarke returning back to Abby, Rachel and Jackson to help out with any of those who were hurt in the process.

I stood at the gate staring out into the open field trying to wrap my head around those 4 words. Bellamy approached me but remained quiet. A tinge of anger sounded from my lips as I spoke, "you should have stayed back."

"What was I supposed to do? Let them kill our people?"

"They didn't kill anyone! Didn't you see?! They stopped charging midway through the field." Bellamy's face had changed.

"Why?"

"I don't know why. Something about this is off. Jessica usually leads the pack but-"

"But what? Does it have anything to do with what that guy said to you?"

"Confid. Yes, he said that Jessica was no more."

"So your girlfriend is dead?"

I huffed trying to imagine her like that. "I don't know, he didn't specify." We remained quiet for a few minutes... "Bellamy?"

"Hmm?"

"Where's Octavia?" I asked in a panic. Bellamy turned to me eyes just as wide open.

Bolting back the other direction towards the ark Bellamy screamed for O, asking everyone who he ran into if he had seen his sister. All to which said no they hadn't.

Feeling stressed and defeated I walked back into my room, seeing something brownish red in color sitting at my desk. It was a braid. Octavia's braid. And a note that was written in what I can only expect to be blood:

My dearest Roan,

How are you? Me? I'm great. I'm here with Octavia now, if you don't believe me test her blood. It's what I'm using as ink lol. Anywho, you were dumb not to join your people here as part of the Ice Nation. But I guess that was called for as you were never fit to be King anyway. You were always such a coward, a fool, and too much of a bitch to take any initiative. How I ever fell for you, I don't even know. You offer nothing for me which is why you not need to pine for me anymore. I truly don't care for what we have or had, rather. Also, did Confid tell you anything? I swear he never knows how to keep his mouth shut sometimes. Well if you need me, don't. If you're looking for Octavia, no use. Like I said you were dumb...charging the line when it was a trap. Should've been protecting little O instead. Wow, you really don't know me. Hmm, looks like pretty butterfly chaser here is running out of blood so I'll end it here. Xoxo, New Queen of Ice Nation.

Jessica wasn't dead, she just wasn't the Jessica we knew.