Prologue

All Rights Reserved.

PROLOGUE - IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

Our first mistake was treating them as fairytales.

As just stories passed down through generations, shared around the campfire and celebrated during the month of Halloween, but they weren't stories. They were warnings. We were supposed to be passing the warnings, but instead, we got too comfortable with the idea that we were the dominant species. So, along the way, we started treating the warnings as stories - and next thing we knew, it was the end of the world as we knew it.

Our second mistake was fighting back with toys.

My country's military was impressive against other countries, but not against them. Their guns, their grenades, their most destructive weapons were just toys. We learned that silver hurt them, but even after changing the composition of our weapons, we stood no chance. Their heightened senses and fast reflexes prohibited us from inflicting harm - they always sensed us coming.

Our third mistake was thinking they were alone.

The werewolves revealed themselves first, as they were the dominant species, and we focused our attention on them. Thus, when other species started revealing themselves, they had the element of surprise. A whole community, hidden from us for years, came forward to rule over humanity. And, because of our ignorance, they won.

My name is Chloe Mars. I'm twenty-three.

And, just because I'm telling you this story, doesn't mean I'm alive at the end of it.

You think I'm being dramatic?

Just wait until you meet him. The lethal, manic Alpha who has more demons than those that reside in Hell itself. He is the strongest, most confusing man I have ever met. Maybe you will see why I can't promise you that I'm alive in the end - and maybe you will understand why I fell in so deep. 

So, brace yourself, reader, because, I'm not holding back.

You're about to see the Alpha on his worst behavior.