Chapter Eleven

Thank you to @lost48 for the amazing cover! ^

I hope that I'm doing okay on this book, guys! Comment your favorite character down below :)

                                                         ~ Lissa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER ELEVEN - GIRLS NIGHT

A pair of lips were grazing my forehead.

My eyes fluttered open, temporarily blinded by the sunlight seeping in through the window. I lifted my head, meeting dark eyes that consumed me. Roarke was still in bed with me, his brown hair ruffled and his body relaxed beneath mine. My skin felt hot against his and my hand rested on his bare chest, feeling the slow thumping of his heart.

I blinked at him. "You're never here when I wake up."

"I wanted to hold you a little longer this morning," he muttered, his fingers trailing through my hair.

"Oh," I breathed, a warm feeling washing over me. "Don't you need to shift?"

"I will later."

A long minute of silence drifted between us. I laid my head back down on his chest, right over his heart to listen to it, and he continued to run his fingers through my hair. It was moments like these that softened me, made me want to stay with him. We seemed - normal. Just a man and woman staying in bed late.

"The full moon is tonight," he announced, quietly. This caught my interest and I looked at him again. "It's a tradition for the men in my pack to hunt until morning on the night of a full moon."

I tilted my head. "What about the women?"

"The women stay home," Roarke replied, his voice scratchy. "And, they wait for their males to return with food." My eyebrows furrowed together at his words. The roles of women and men in his pack were very old-fashioned. "Blake suggested that Josephine come over tonight. Stay with you since I will be gone until morning."

"I would like that," I said, wanting to see her again. "Can Scarlett come over too?"

His gaze hardened. "No."

"I know you don't like her, but I do," I told him, sitting upright. He tried to protest, but I stopped him by adding, "I think we could be good friends."

"Scarlett is a bad influence," Roarke argued, irritated. "And, Rudy will be staying here at the house tonight to watch you. I need him focused on you, not her. Scarlett is a distraction and will undoubtedly create some tension." He dragged his hand down my arm, lightly over my stitches. "I don't understand why you like her."

"I think she reminds me of the old me," I whispered, shrugging my shoulders. "If she's anything like how I was, she's lonely. She pushes people away because she's afraid to let them in, but that leaves her alone. She needs friends."

He raised an eyebrow. "And, you think she wants to be friends with you?"

"Maybe."

Roarke stared at me, studying me. "Fine, she can come, but she better behave." A wave of relief washed over me. I needed a girls night, especially after the conversation with Roarke last night. His dark past was giving me chills. He grabbed my chin, pulling my face towards his. "Come here."

His lips crushed mine and he moaned into my mouth. It was like he could never get enough of me.

When he broke the kiss, he pressed his forehead against mine. "I need to shower and unless you want to join me, I will see you in a few for breakfast."