Storytime: The Time I Met My Twin Brother

Jumping On In!!!

Play

So it was Summer'16 and I was with my bestfriends, Leelee* and Nica*. We were having a sleepover at Leelee's because she had the biggest house and chillest parents.

Pause

They were contradicting because there were older like in their mid-late 40s and also with the Lord. Church every Sunday and liked to rollerskate like they live in Roll Bounce. Yet, Leelee had boyfriends in 7th grade and was usually home alone, if not with friends. With that kind of family you would think they'd be more strict. Meanwhile, I'm here going on 17 and need permission to go to mailbox.

Play

So yeah , we were on our way to the pool because I mean...it was Summer'16 honey and we was ready. I had a new swimsuit from Target and it was cute.

Pause

I won't buy another swimsuit from there because everyone goes there and I hate dressing the same as someone. Went to that pool and I like like a quintuplet. Never again said I. I refuse to pay $20 to look like someone else. If I'm pay $20 I better look like a brand new baby.

Play

Though your girl LOVES the pool I do not like the sun. I will go out there for a hour and go from French toast to Usain Bolt. Come home look in the mirror and be devastated.

Anyway, we go to Walgreens

Pause

You may call it CVS but I hate CVS because it's higher than Walgreens and Walgreens be having me broke. So yeah I hate CVS. So imagine CVS if you have to.

Play

Ok. We at Walgreens right? Walk in with Leelee mom vibin to some music that was playing in the car. We had on swimsuits but teeshirts on top. Maybe shorts because I wasn't gonna get snatched this day. Anyway, after 20 minutes of looking for sunscreen. Yes, it took twenty minutes because we are cheap, black, and extra.

We waiting in line and we get to the cashier. This guy is there. Obviously working. He swipe our sunscreen and he just look at us. I guess wondering why we were dress like that. It come out to like 10 dollars. So I say,

"MRS LARONDA you wanna use my reward card?!"

My friends start laughing along with the cashier. I admit I was loud but I was so so serious. 10 dollars is alot to me. I was tryna help her bring it down to like a $8.00 something. Anyway, they stop laughing but the guy still laughing. Loudly and I think he snorted.

So we looking at him like. "It wasn't that funny" while smiling because we ain't wanna seem mean.

Anyway, we leave and we were talking about him and laughing all day.

Girl being extra.

Later down the line, I ended up going to the Walgreens alot because my brother needed pampers. I ended up crushing on him and we flirted during our short checkout encounters. Till eventually, I gave him my number. The first day we talked we found out....we were related.

This is hard for me to talk about because it's been a secret for almost a year.

Turns out his dad is mine and my mom is his.

I try to stay positive like it's normal but my life is actual like my other favorite movie The Parent Trap.

We found out by asking questions.

Same birthday.

Same gappy teeth. (Both braces)

Same favorite color and car.

We even had the wavy curl hair.

After a few weeks we friended each other on Facebook and...

True story.

I saw my dad from other pictures in photo albums.

I freaked out. Showed my mom and I'm lying. Alot. That boy is not my brother. We have too much in common including my birthday but nah me and homie not brother and sister.

We still cool though.

Ok I'm done

Liah Out Peace✌😂