Bringing Back Hallie: Chapter Two

A/N--Hiya pals! So this chapter has not really been proofread, I'm going to go in and do that later.  But it's super long (I think) and while it may seem somewhat pointless, it has a lot to do with upcoming chapters! SO yeah :) I hope you enjoy.

Vote/comment/like...whatever you'd like!

Oh! And the adorable little guy on the side is Darko :) My dream dog right there!

"Are you fucking for reals?" Jeanie asks me over the phone later that afternoon as I'm sitting on one of the barstools in our kitchen, supervising my sister as she makes cookies and brownies for our new house guest. She's been bouncing around like a pink and sparkly energizer bunny ever since Ethan and my mom left, and she practically begged for me to come and sit in here to make sure she doesn't burn the house down. 

Right now, Darla's currently stirring frantically at the bowl of raw cookie dough, and I'm finding it very amusing because she has a huge clump resting right above her eyebrow and she doesn't even realize it. It's nice to see my perfect, no-can-do-wrong sister looking like an idiot with cookie dough on her face.  

I say back to Jeanie, "Yep. Apparently that's the convo I missed at dinner last night." I miss one dinner, just one, and we now have this crazy attractive guy moving into our house for the next two-and-a-half months. Crazy shit happens really fast obviously. 

Jeanie scoffs and says, "Whatever. Last night was totally worth it. They haven't had a party that great in a while." 

"I know," I agree, bringing my foot up on the bar stool so that I can pick mindlessly at my toenails. "The past few have sucked royally..." 

Before I can even finish my sentence, Jeanie pipes up and says, "Oh! Fred and Jesse wanted to hit up the go kart track tonight. You're in, right?" Of course she doesn't really have anything to say about my life being drastically altered this summer. She never wants to talk about me or stuff I have going on in my life. Half the time, I don't even believe she knows that my dad has won three Grammys or met Paul McCartney. 

But still I say, "Sure," my answer for pretty much anything she ever asks me to do. Not only do I not have any other friends than Jeanie and the guys, if I ever back out of anything they get mad, calling me stuff like lame and no fun. Since they already like to point out how much of a bore I am even when I am hanging out with them, I try not to give them quite so much ammo. While I know I'm not the most fun person in the world-I'm happy as a clam sitting on my ass all day and reading or listening to music-it's not exactly fun listening to your friends tell you how much of a bore you are. "What time?" 

She laughs, "Like I have any clue. You know Fred; he wouldn't know what time it was if there was a clock shoved up his ass." 

"Yet you sleep with him every night," I point out with a roll of my eyes, knowing that Jeanie and Fred's relationship is as much about bad talking each other as it is making out every second that they're not fighting. The two of them are the definition of a hot-and-cold relationship, and half of the time Jesse and I don't even pay them much attention. They usually give us a headache. 

"You say that like it's some kind of reason to be nice to him or something," she says, but even I know that she's as in love with him as someone could ever be. Although she talks bad about him most of the time, I know that if they ever broke up she'd be devastated. 

My sister interrupts my train of thought when she screams, "Hallie, help me!" and the second that I look up I see white powder engulfing the large kitchen. Without even thinking I hang up my cell phone and jump off of the bar stool running around the counter so that I can see what the hell she's gotten herself into now.