Bringing Back Hallie: Chapter Five

A/N--Heya again guys! Sooo...IT'S SUMMER TIME FOR THIS GIRL :)) I am out of school for summer and, for two weeks, not working.  So brace yourselves for a crap ton of updates on this story.  Be pumped! Anyways...this chapter is definitely a filler.  But I still hope you like it and will be awesome and leave me with bunches of comments and votes :)

And the hunk on the side is our very own Mr. Ethan.  Drool worthy, right? ;) And if you don't think so, don't tell me haha.  I think he's gorgeous!

"How are you feeling?" I ask Jeanie into the phone later that afternoon as I'm curled into my window seat once again, Darko sleeping away on my lap. I've kind of been hiding out in my room all day-well, ever since I blew up on Ethan. I really don't have the she balls to go and apologize to him, but also, well...there's a part of me that's kind of mad at him. 

I honestly felt like he was judging me back then, back there in the kitchen. I feel like he thinks he's better than me or something, like I'm some kind of scum of the earth for going out drinking that night. Does he know that I do that a lot? My mom sure likes to complain about me, he's had to have heard something by now. Right? And because he has he probably thinks I'm some kind of white trash or something, like my mom does.  

And that bothers me a lot. 

But I push all of those thoughts out of my head, knowing that they'll only drive me crazy in the long run, and instead focus on the conversation I'm having with my best friend. She says, "I feel fine, but the hospital is filled with a bunch of jack asses who don't know what the fuck they're doing. Like seriously, I can walk and I can pee just fine. It just hurts to look at bright lights or think too much. That's all." 

"Well that's good," I say honestly, feeling a part of me lighten when I realize she's not in some life or death situation. "At least you didn't break anything or something like that." 

"Like Fred broke his fucking collarbone? Do you know how hard it is going to be to have sex now? Like I feel like that's going to get in the way and it's not going to be as fantastic as it usually is, you know?" 

I roll my eyes. Typical Jeanie to only be worried about her and Fred's sex life. I swear the two of them aren't even in a relationship. Half of the time it seems like they're only together for the sex. But whatever, I probably wouldn't understand because of my lack of experience in that whole department. Jeanie's mentioned countless times that I'll never know how much sex is worth until I have it, and well, seeing as how I refuse to have a one night stand when I'm drunk-I do not want my first time to look like they crawled out of a dumpster-and guys only like me when I'm drunk...I'm kind of screwed. Well, not literally of course. 

So I just tell her, "Yeah, well...I'm sure you two will figure something out." 

"We better," she says defiantly, "Something about hospitals make me feel vulnerable, which makes me horny. So yeah. I'm ready to get out of here and onto my boyfriend." 

The conversation making me somewhat uncomfortable, I lie and tell her, "Hey my mom wants me to get off the phone, alright?" 

She laughs and says, "I still can't believe your parents ground you. You're almost twenty years old." 

I want to come back and tell her that not everyone has a boyfriend's family to live with and mooch off of like she does, but instead I just say nonchalantly, "Yeah, it sucks," and then after we say our goodbyes, I click the off button and then toss my phone onto my bed. 

Feeling that somewhat familiar hollow in my feeling in my chest at how much it sucks not to have a true best friend, I lean my head back against the dark purple wall and close my eyes. I feel Darko fidget around in my lap, trying to get comfortable, and just the feel of him there, never-leaving and always loving, makes me feel a bit better.