Bringing Back Hallie: Chapter Fourteen

A/N--Heya guys!  So...there's really not much to say for this chapter :/  The pic on the side is of our lovely leading man Ethan! He's just so damn attractive *drool*.  ANYWAYS...I hope you all enjoy the chapter :)  Please vote, leave comments, and fan!

"So..." Darla says to me three nights later as we're both vegging out in our theater room, the two of us deciding to spend the day before everyone gets home together watching romantic comedies, as per her request. If it had been me, we'd probably be watching super hero movies or plain old comedies, me not being such a fan of romantic comedies. I know I know, us girls who don't like them are a dying breed. Whatever. 

She looks over at me and asks, "What's going on with you and Ethan? That intense tonsil hockey match I saw a week ago definitely told me something." 

I cringe just remembering that night, how heated of a kiss she had managed to walk in on. Although that kiss will probably be alive in my memory for the rest of my life, the mention of her seeing that still paints a red stain on my cheeks. So mortifying. But still, she deserves to not be lied to, unlike my parents. That's really not my decision though. Damn upcoming tour. I tell her honestly, "We're together, I guess, but we're keeping it under wraps, since it won't be fair to have something serious for just a couple of months." 

She says dryly, "Well that sucks." 

"Tell me about it," I sigh, snuggling deeper into my lady bug pillow pet. Yes it's true. My nineteen-year-old self has a pillow that resembles a lady bug. Whatever. I love the thing to pieces. "I finally find a guy who likes me for something other than the physical stuff, but we can't get serious." 

She looks over at me, and for the first time in my life I see actual pity in her eyes. But she doesn't say anything sympathetic to me; instead she just cracks a joke and says, "At least he's hot." 

"That he is," I agree wholeheartedly, just thinking about how ready I am to see that gorgeous face of his tomorrow. My God, the days where Darla wasn't even here almost killed me. I kind of just wandered the house aimlessly, not really knowing what to do with myself. Long story short, I'm pretty sure I've seen just about every episode of Law and Order SVU.  

We both look back to the screen, where Justin Timberlake is confessing his feelings to an unfairly gorgeous Mila Kunis after an admittedly adorable flash mob. This movie isn't too bad, I do have to admit that. The humor is kind of amazing, and Mila Kunis' character is so freaking relatable that it's not even funny. Except for the fact that her looks put just about anyone to shame.  

I then feel a buzz in my pocket and when I slip my phone out, a small smile graces my lips when I see Ethan's name on screen. It's yet another text from the guy, who I've been in pretty much constant contact with since he's been gone. I miss him more than I care to admit, and I'm more then antsy to have him back home.  

24 hours til I'm back :D, the text reads. 

I absolutely love how cute and childish he can be over text message. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one who's too deep into this temporary relationship thing we have going on right now. I extracting my other hand from where it's buried in the knitted blanket covering me, I type back: It's still too long :/  

Feeling a bit warm knowing that he's going to smile when he reads that, I turn the screen off and, keeping it in my hand for quick access when he replies, look back to the movie. 

But before I can even do that, I catch the knowing look coming from my sister, who's grinning like she knows what I'm up to. She says, "You're pathetic, you know that?" 

"Shut the hell up," I say, letting my foot kick her in the side of her arm. While she's sitting up in her chair like a normal human being, I'm sprawled on mine in some weird ball like thing. I really don't care though. If I'm going to be watching movies all day, I want to be lying down.