Bringing Back Hallie: Chapter Thirteen

A/N--I don't really have much to say for this chapter!  All I can really say is that I wrote this pretty quickly and haven't had time to proofread, so there might be a few typos.  Ah well though :) Comment and vote please, it'd make me super happy!

Pic on side is of Jeanie and Fred :)

"Take your shirt off...ah ah ah ah ah ah..." a guy I briefly recognize from these parties sings, running past us with his bare chest out and exposed for the world to see. He's running down the hill the leads up to the big library, right in the direction of the fraternity house where the big party is supposed to be tonight. 

Excitement jolting in my veins as an overwhelming urge to just be in that house, dancing the night away, hits me. Looking over my shoulder to see Jesse standing there, his arm threaded through mine so that neither of us stumbles while walking, I say to the three of them, "Let's go you guys!" 

"Chill babe," Fred says from where he's walking beside Jesse, Jeanie practically folding herself around his body while they walk. I have the brief thought that if I were sober, I'd be somewhat embarrassed for her show of desperation, but I push it away and once again let the liquid happiness from earlier cover it. "We have all night to party!" 

"I knowww," I drag out, laughing ever-so-briefly at just how drunk I sound, "But still! I want to be that way!" With that I lash my free arm out, pointing a bit sloppily at the fraternity house just a small distance away. I have no earthly idea why it's taking so fucking long to get there. 

Jeanie laughs and says, "I think that-oh my God it's a bug! It's going to kill...oh wait, it's just a leaf-I think that we should make it our mission...our dying mission tonight to get Hallie here a dude! A nice, muscular dude with a big di-" 

Fred cuts her off, and I see him cast a quick look in my direction before looking back at the sidewalk disappearing with our steps, and says, "Let Hallie find a guy when she wants, she doesn't need to..." 

And then I cut him off laughing, feeling some tugging in my brain that says not to say it, but ignoring it anyway, "I already have a guy, you guys!" And then I fade into giggles, thinking about how utterly funny that sentence sounded, with me saying guys like a thousand times.  

"What?!" Jeanie screeches, making the small group of girls walking a few feet ahead of us turn around and cast as annoyed looks. None of us say anything though, already somewhat used to sober people being irritated at how loud we can be. "Hallie boo boo, are you serious?" 

"Mhm!" I say happily, somewhat loving the feeling I get by talking about finally having a guy in my life. I've never been the girl that's able to just coo over how much she's into the guy that she's seeing, and even though Ethan and I aren't exactly official, it still feels good to admit that I have a guy at least somewhat interested in me. 

"Who is he?" Jesse asks me, sounding completely surprised but also really super interested. He's looking straight at me, those eyes I used dream about it gazing right into mine, but I feel absolutely nothing. I don't feel my heart skip a beat or anything. It's so crazy! 

I smile lazily and say, "Ethan." 

"Who the hell is that?" Fred asks, sounding just a bit irritated that he doesn't know that guy. He's probably getting all protective and whatnot, like the older brother figure that he is. He just doesn't know Ethan, doesn't know how good of a guy he really is. 

"Wait wait wait," Jeanie says, but by the end of it her words are so slurred together it sounds like she's saying "eight". "Ethan? Isn't that your dad's...what was he?" 

"His opening act," I tell her matter-of-factly, "The guy who's living with us for the summer." 

"That tool?" Jesse asks me, his grasp on my arm getting even tighter. Why doesn't he like Ethan? Ethan's awesome!