Chapter 19

An update!! Enjoy. More to come today!

***

**| Gabriel's POV |**

"Why does North get to wear a button up but Victor can't" Luke asked.

I sent him a glare as he pulled up the leather pants.

"Because North is already a scary mother fucker and if Victor went in with that shit on, they'll jump him, thinking he some kind of fucking pansy."

"Language!" Owen barked and I clenched my teeth.

I slowly released a breath and my shoulders slumped as I tried to calm down.

"Sorry, Mr. B but this is ridiculous. Do you know how many blonde chicks are in Germany, and with green eyes. Google tells me shit and it tells me that at least a quarter of the female population has that combination, most likely even more depending on the shade of blonde. And yet here we are, going into the underbelly of this place to find this chick. Come on, Kota, you understand statistics better than me. What the hell is the probability of finding her there?" I shook my head and shoved some clothes at Nathan to change into.

Nathan had to take a step back because of the force I pushed the clothes at him. He scowled at me and opened his mouth but never got a chance to say anything.

"Alright," Luke said, a little too loud as he stepped in my way before I could pull out more clothes. "Break time."

"No, time for everyone to put their clothes on," I grumbled.

"And they will," Luke said, pulling me away from the clothes. "While we go take a quick walk."

He yanked me out of the room before I could reply and dragged me out of the hotel room. He didn't say anything, just walked and I followed behind.

"It's okay to be scared," Luke finally said as he eyed a food cart selling chocolate-dipped things.

I stiffened at his words. "I'm not fucking scared."

He shrugged and walked towards the cart. "That's good. I know I'm scared."

I stayed silent as he ordered some chocolate covered strawberries, eyeing him curiously. He didn't look scared.

"Why?" I finally asked.

His eyes widened as he looked at me, the seriousness clear in his brown eyes. He wasn't fucking around, trying to make me feel better.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Luke asked. "Last night was already scary enough. We're in a foreign country, don't speak the language, don't understand their culture, and yet here we are, poking at the bad guys. All for some girl we never met."

He frowned and stared down at the small plastic container in his hands, his lips pressed together. Holy shit, he really was scared. Like, really really fucking scared. Not just worried.

"And if we find Sang and she isn't who North was expecting, we'll lose him. I know it." He sighed. "I'm actually hoping we don't find her."

I slowly rested my hand on his shoulder and gave it a squeeze to let him know I was there for him. "I'm scared too," I admitted.

He grinned even though his eyes didn't light up. "I know."

I snorted. "Asshole," I said.

"Come on, let's go finish getting ready."

I nodded and we walked back to the hotel. The short break Luke forced on me really did help clear my mind a little, taking away some of the fear that was building up inside of me.