| twelve |

St. Petersburg, Florida

a week later

"Dalton, I'm going out." I grab my keys, waving them in front of my roommate's face.

"Have fun." He opened his eyes, waved, and fell back asleep again.

Today was the day I was set to meet Chris for lunch. After what happened at Subway, I decided to forgive him (but mostly myself) for the slapping incident.

For the last week, we had been communicating via Twitter, and at the end of every conversation, I often asked myself why I hadn't been nicer to Chris. He seemed to be the sweetest guy.

Driving down the highway, I turn up the radio to hear Exchange by Bryson Tiller. Chris had suggested his music to me, and I immediately fell in love.

It was strange, because no one could get me out of my comfort zone. Not even with music. But, I liked it.

Chris Archer just seemed to have that effect on me.

» »

"Dustin, Chipotle would've been much better option." Chris huffed, as we awaited our order at a Steak N' Shake downtown.

"Chris, I wanted a bacon cheeseburger." I look over at the 6'3 man, who seemed to tower over my 5-foot frame.

"Bacon?..." Chris trailed off, focusing on his shoes.

"Bacon, the best topping on a hamburger."

"Yeah, if you want high cholesterol." Chris laughed. "Dustin, I keep it real. Moderation."

We are then called up, and we order our meal.

"That will be $16.39." The cash rang up our total. Chris paid it in full, and we went to go sit down.

"Is that..." Chris went to a table and tapped a young man who was typing away on a computer, "Kiefer fucking Tamberelli?"

"That's me." The guy grinned. "So, Chris fucking Archer, who's the lovely lady?"

Starstruck by how adorable Kiefer was in person, all I could muster was:

"I listen to you on the radio!"

WHAT THE FUCK, DUSTIN. YOU SHOULD OF SAID HELLO.

"Glad to see somebody listens to our show." Kiefer laughed, then looked to Chris. "Wanna join me? I've been listening to 6lack on your suggestion. I'll even tell you my favorite song."

"He's good, right?" Chris slid down in the seat across from Kiefer, instructing me to sit down. And so I did.

"So, what's your favorite song from...that artist you just mentioned?" I laugh nervously.

"Bless Me." Kiefer said with a stern voice, closing his laptop. He stared at me for a second, an eyebrow arching up.

"Wait a minute...are you...you are, aren't you?"

Knowing that Kiefer was referencing The Biggest Incident In Baseball History, I nodded.

"Holy shit. I was there!" He raised his arms up in victory. "I was fucking applauding for you! I loved it!"

"Tamberelli," Chris stood up, precisely to go get our food, "We're over it. Plus, this isn't a Bucs game. Put your arms down."

Kiefer sighed, putting his arms down.

I laughed at him. "I tend to cause more drama than an episode of General Hospital."

Kiefer's jaw dropped. "I live for General Hospital!"

From there, Chris returned, and we listened as Kiefer droned on about the latest drama on the aforementioned soap opera.

»

After about 15 minutes, Kiefer had left to go do an assignment, leaving me and Chris alone.

"Man, thank God he's gone." Chris chuckled, sipping on his vanilla milkshake. "Kiefer is one of the only Rays journalists I can confide in, but does he love to talk."

I laugh, pulling my hair out of my face.

"What was that thing you were fangirling about earlier?" Chris questioned. "Kief had this odd face as you talked about this show you used to love."

"Oh, The Lying Game." I smile, recalling all the memories from 2011. "That show, and book series, was everything to me. Kiefer reminded me of the guy who played Thayer on the TV show. Man, I had a huge crush on Thayer."

"If Thayer looked like Kiefer, he's ugly then." Chris snorted.

"Rude!" I smack him. "My sixteen-year old self loved him!"

"And your twenty-one year old self will love me."

The temperature in the restaurant went down as soon as Chris said that.

"You're funny." I gaze out the window.

"I noticed that you don't give very good eye contact." Chris said. "The eyes are a window to the soul, you know."

I turn to face him, and look at him. Like, really look at him.

His chocolate brown eyes gazed into my cerulean eyes as a familiar-sounding song came on the speaker.

"Redbone, Childish Gambino." Chris said with a hushed manner. "A true bop."

"There's no one here." I state matter-of-factly.

"Dance with me." Chris stood up, extending a hand to me.

I gladly took it, and the both of us found ourselves swaying back and forth to the popular pop song.

»

"I have never been a fan of Steak N' Shake, but I think I am now."

I look behind me, as Chris unlocks his Audi.

"Dustin, I had fun with you today."

I smile, looking down to the ground.

Chris took a step towards me, lifting up my chin.

"You need to work on the eye contact, Buttercup."

I soon feel a soft sensation on my lips. He had placed a soft kiss there, placing his finger on them after.

"I'll see you soon, right?"

"Sooner than you think." I mumble, and begin to walk off.

"Bye, Buttercup."

I turn around, and wave.

"Bye, Archer."

---

so...I'm back!!

I planned out the rest of the story, and how I wanted it to go, so hopefully I put those into chapter-worthy writings.

If the name "Kiefer Tamberelli" rings a bell, that's because he's from another Archer story of mine, According To Him and Her! Kiefer was a favorite of mine in that story, and I couldn't let him go...just yet. A picture of Kiefer can be seen in the media (the real guy's name is Christian Alexander.)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! What are your thoughts?

- Reasie