Chapter 8.

•YESTERDAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY OMG IM SO EXCITED!!•

Opening my eyes I groaned in annoyance at the bright light. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up in bed. 'Wait. I'm not in a bed?' I thought as I looked around me. I gasped at the sight before me. I was on a sandy beach underneath a palm tree. I had a roof over me made of palm leaves and a blanket below me made out of some sort of animal skin. "Where am I?" I whispered lowly to myself as I stood up to walk around.

Standing I noticed two things. One, I was barefoot, two I was in an animal skin skirt and had a crop top out of palm leaves and some sort of strings holding it around my neck. "What?" I whispered in confusion. I was starting to freak out a bit, I mean I wake up on some island and someone has changed my clothes! Sighing I walk out from my little hit thing and began searching for someone. I'm not stupid. I didn't yell out for someone or make a lot of noise. Instead I walked quietly and quickly threw the wooded area.

"-left over there somewhere, but I'm sure he'll be back soon Skip." I paused as a deep voice was heard somewhere to my right. "Alrighty Hunter. I'll go wait back at camp." A smaller voice said. I could tell he was a young boy. Maybe 11 or 12. I wasn't about to just walk over there and say 'hi'. No I'm not an idiot. I will just stay right here and listen to see if there are any other voices. I thought while crawling my way inside a brush that sat beside a tree.

I knew I was well hidden, I couldn't see anything because of all the leaves so I knew they couldn't see me. Sighing quietly I listened to the boy -Hunter- whistle a tune I didn't know. Sitting very still -like I did back home when mom or dad was talking about me- I focused on making t breathing come out as slow and quiet as possible. "Listen. Do you thinks she's worth it? I mean she is the only lost girl. Like ever!" I heard a new voice say. "Peter says she can be of use. So yes I think she's worth it." Hunter replied.

His voice was distinctive. It had more of a raspy tone to it. Kind of like those chain smokers or old men, but it also help youthfulness to it. It was a strange mix but I liked it. It was comforting to me somehow. Like an older brothers voice to a younger sister. It was calming. I liked it. "Yeah. Peter is always right about these things." said the other voice. His voice was a bit lower then Hunters. He was probably 12-13 where as Hunter sounded 18-19.

Wait, Peter? My Peter? okay wait Payton. Your Peter. Since when? I honestly didn't know how I felt about Peter until that moment. My heart did a little flutter while my stomach did a flip, my palms got clammy, and my mouth became dry. I Payton Thomas was in fact. 100%. Completely and totally. Head over heels in love with Peter Pan. That scared me. It scared me so much that I gasped. With out realizing it I stood up, out of the shelter of the bush and into the eyes of Hunter and the others.

•Sorry if this is short or boring. But as you can see, my birthday was yesterday and I just wanted to get this chapter out there to you guys!!•