Chapter 11

Few Days Later - School
"Morning class, how's everyone?" Mr. Smith asked, smiling. "Good!" the class replied. Lisa stayed quiet, still thinking about the incident. "Alright class, we're doing something special for your fathers or father figures. You can do letters, posters, collages, anything" Mr. Smith said. The class cheers and Lisa still stayed silent. Mr. Smith noticed this and he made a mental note to talk to her while the kids are doing the projects. The class starts doing their projects and Lisa was thinking about what should she do for Zak and the others. 'What do I do for them? I want to do something special for them' she thought as Mr. Smith walks towards her. "Lisa, is there something bothering you? You seemed to be spacing out" he said, crouching down to Lisa's level. She looks at Mr. Smith. "I'm okay" Lisa replied, smiling. He nodded and goes to his desk.

After School
Zak waits for Lisa to come out of school. "Hi Mr. Bagans!" Lisa said and runs towards him. He smiles and hugs Lisa as she hugs him. "Hey, Lis, how was school?" he asked, smiling at her. "We're doing a surprise for father's day" she replied and gets in the car. Claire was with Zak and she smiles. "Are you Lisa's guardian?" Mr. Smith asked, walking towards Zak. "Yes" Zak replied. They shake hands. Mr. Smith sighs. This makes Zak tense up. "Something wrong?" Zak asked, trying to calm down. "It's Lisa. I'm concerned for her. She looked like she was very distant and not on focus. I tried doing activities she might enjoy but, she wasn't mentally there. Did something happened to her over the weekend?" Mr. Smith asked. Zak sighs and looks at Lisa. She was talking to Claire while absentmindedly touching her scar and the new scars she received on that incident. "You might think I'm crazy but, a demon almost hurt her. I'm a paranormal investigator and I didn't mean to traumatize her" Zak replied. "I do believe in those things. I was worried about her when she told me about her biggest scar. I can at least give some support" Mr. Smith said. Zak looks at the teacher. He was smiling in a comforting way, blue eyes meeting brown. "Thanks. She talks about you a lot. It would mean a lot to her" Zak said. "Thank you. I'll see her tomorrow" the teacher said and leaves after shaking Zak's hand.

Zak's P. O. V
I get in the car and start driving. Lisa immediately fell asleep. Claire looks at me while I drive. "What's wrong? Are you still blaming yourself for the incident?" she asked. I tighten my jaw. Claire always knows what's going on with me. It's like she knows me even though she's now dating Aaron. "Maybe but, it IS my fault. If I didn't bring you guys to our locations, none of this would've happened" I said. Claire smiles softly. "You sound like a father concerned over his baby girl" she said. I stop the car. I look at Lisa and see her still sleeping. 'Stay' by Zedd ft Alessia Cara starts playing and I smile. I want Lisa to stay with us. She made my life a bit easier for me. "Look, Zak, it wasn't your fault about this whole mess. I'm sure Lisa didn't mean to make you upset. She just wanted you not to be worried about her" Claire said and puts a hand on my shoulder. I start driving once again, smiling. "Yeah" I said, stopping at Aaron's house.

3:30 a.m.
Lisa screams as she had a really bad nightmare. Zak gets up and runs towards to Lisa's room. He opens the door. "Lis, it's alright. I'm here" he said. "Dad! I'm scared!" Lisa exclaims, hugging Zak's waist. Zak hugs her back. 'She just called me dad. She's warming up to me' he thought. "It's okay, honey. What happened?" Zak asked, rubbing circles around Lisa's back in a fatherly and caring way. "I had a nightmare where you were gone and we never found you! Then we found you but, you were sleeping and not waking up" Lisa explained between sobs. Zak picks her up, takes her to his room and they lay down. Lisa keeps crying. "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm not leaving, I'm staying with you guys. I'm not letting you go" Zak whispers and wraps his arms around Lisa so she can feel safe. She smiles softly and falls asleep slowly. Zak smiles and falls asleep as well.

A/N: I do not mean to make it look like Zak and Lisa have romantic feelings with each other. I'm not trying to  make Zak a child predator. I just wanted to create a father daughter relationship between them. If it looks weird or uncomfortable for you, then tell me in advance and I'll change it. Thanks for reading as always.