Chapter 13

Panting. That's all he heard from his mouth. Panting. His heart feeling like it's about to explode. As Lisa was still crying, Zak was trying his best to soothe her. He was rubbing circles behind her back. "It's okay, honey. Uncle Aaron and Aunt Claire are coming soon" he said, walking down the stairs with Lisa in his arms. Gracie was following him behind. He didn't know what could calm her down. Cookie? Cartoons? Milk? Candy? Wait, cross of candy because last time he gave her candy, she ran around the house and didn't fall asleep until 2 in the afternoon. Suddenly, she stopped crying and laughs. Zak looks at her and sees that the television was on Courage The Cowardly Dog.

Zak's P. O. V
I don't remember turning on the television. I turned it off after putting Lisa to bed. I look at my phone. It was a text from Aaron saying that they're on their way. Good. "Dad, I want to sit" she said and I put her down. She runs to the living room to watch the cartoon. Could there be another ghost and just helped me with Lisa. "I've seen a lot of things, this one almost takes the cake" I mumble as the door open. "Everything alright?" Aaron asked while walking towards me. I also realized that my panic attack was gone. "Lis is watching cartoons and that soothed her down" I replied, looking at the living room. Claire sighs of relief. Aaron smiles. "Wait, where's her stuffed animal?" Claire asked. "It's in her room" I replied. Claire nods and rubs her arms. Aaron shivers while I let out a sigh. My breath was visible. Great. "I'll call a priest" I said and I got to the kitchen. Gracie runs towards Lisa and makes sure she was warm. "Grab blankets everyone" I said while dialing the priest's number.

Claire's P. O. V
I walk to the living room with Aaron after grabbing a few blankets for all of us, including Zak. Lisa was hugging Gracie. "Man, it's really cold. The coldest I've ever felt" Aaron said and I nod while wrapping two blankets around Lisa. Aaron wraps two around me as well. "We should let Zak pack his and Lisa's bag and take them home, Aaron" I said through clattering teeth. Aaron nods and goes to the kitchen. "I want Gracie with us, Aunt Claire" Lisa said, petting Gracie. "She's coming with us, Lis. We can't leave her right now because this cold can make her sick" I said. Zak and Aaron come back. "The priest is coming tomorrow. I can't risk getting everyone sick or having hypothermia" Zak says, wrapping himself in blankets. Lisa runs to her room with Aaron following her. "I can wait outside" I said. Zak looks at me and nods. I go outside. Once Lisa and Zak get ready and they get in the car, Aaron starts driving. Meanwhile, I was tired, strange, I drank coffee that I bought before leaving to Zak's house. Maybe it just wore off so, I fell asleep. I heard Lisa yawning and that's the last thing I heard.