Chanpter 1 - A Sunny Day

Sunny's POV

I sat up from my straw bed and stretched slightly to get used to the pressure. Most of the plants sleep in the Zen garden or in Crazy Dave's living room. I slept in the Zen garden with a small straw bed and a small window nearby, I like to watch the stars out of it sometimes. There was no battle going on today so I jumped out of bed, had my daily doss of sun juice and went to the garden.

Only a few plants were awake because there was no war today but I always like to be on guard. I then saw my close friend Missy, she was approaching me with a rosy glow about her. "Good morning Sunny~" she said cheerfully, her voice was so sweet and gentle. "Oh, morning Missy" I yawned, I was still tired since I only woke up a few minutes ago. Missy was smiling brightly, I have no idea how she does it. She gets up and the next minute she's fully prepared and happy to help everyone out. I swear she's superhuman, I'm so glad she's my friend. "So, anything planned today? I'm going to heal some cactuses. After the battle some of them were in critical condition.." Missy sighed sadly. We already have enough sunflowers to heal them all within minutes, but Missy still wants to help. "Nah, I'll just chill with Pea or something..he got this new video game he wants to show me" I said happily, my mood instantly changing from tired to happy.

Missy smirked and looked at the floor a bit, she looked like she had something on her mind. "Hm? What's wrong Missy you look kind of..stressed?" I struggled to find the right words to describe her expression. "It's just..." Missy sighed looking like she was about to confess something. "You and Pea are really close if I'm honest Sun..don't you..like him or something?" Missy asked whilst digging her leaves into the ground a little. I was startled at first and responded instantly "Of course I like him! He's one of my closest friends. Missy why would you think I don-"

"I mean do you love him..?"

I paused. My face turning a crimson red and my heart started to beat faster and faster. "Wha-?! N-No. I don't like him that way, of course not." I laughed nervously, trying to cover up my embarrassment. Missy instantly saw I was uncomfortable and started to apologise. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything please forgive me" she said really quickly, maybe even too fast for a hot rod chomper to hear. "No no it's fine, you didn't know it's okay" I said casually, like nothing ever happened. We both heard some sort of bell go and Missy sighed and turned to me. "That's the que for healing the cactuses..have fun at Pea's then~" Missy smiled sweetly before leaving to the healing stations. I sighed and looked around for Pea. My cheeks were dusted with a little pink but it didn't matter.

"Hey Sunny! I'm over here!"

Pea's POV

I rushed over to the gardens after setting up my Nintendo Wii and hurried over to find Sunny. We had planned this day for weeks but due to all the battles happening we never got the time. Until today that is. "Hey Sunny! I'm over here!" I shout across the garden. I just loved the way she turned around to see me, her delicate petals blowing in the wind and her innocent smile. "Hey Pea. You ready to get wrecked on this game?" Sunny said excitedly. Did I forget to mention me and Sunny are extreme gamers? We love playing video games whenever we can and try to get them level ups. "You bet! Only it'll be the other way round!" I challenged her.

We both instantly started laughing and started to walk over to my part of the Zen garden. My room was a straw sofa with a tv I earned for being the best on the battlefield once. Or maybe Crazy Dave just didn't need it. We both sat down on the couch and grabbed the controllers. I was first player and Sunny was second player. The game we were playing was called Mario Kart. We absolutely loved this game ever since the trailer came out. She ran up to me and said "Dude! Did you hear about the Mario Kart game coming out on the Wii?!". I remember us having that looooong conversation on who would win the game. I sighed from the memory, I love our memories together, some are funny and some are sad. I turned on the Tv and we picked our characters. I was playing as Mario and Sunny was playing as Rosalina. "I like the little star she has with her" Sunny sighed after I asked her why she chose Rosalina. "So why did you pick Mario?" Sunny asked, looking me in the eyes. I swear I love everything about this girl. She likes gaming, she's a healer and looks after us, and not to mention she loves all my video games. "Because Mario is the hero! If you were peach I'd save you any day!" I said confidently, but backed down after hearing my own words and cringing. I did NOT just say that. All I heard then was laughter "Hahahahahahahaha! That's so cheesy!" Sunny giggled, I noticed her cheeks were dusted a pink colour. And all I could think of was to laugh too.

We decided to play the grand pix and play a total of 5 rounds. "Come on! I'm almost there!" I yelled, I was on the edge of my seat. I was in first place and near the finish line when all of a sudden BOOM! A blue shell hit me and Sunny over took me. Damn! She's good. "Yesss! Take that Pea!" Sunny laughed as she crossed the finish line. I finished in 5th place. We're on round 5 now and I've only won two games. The same goes for Sunny. "This is the final showdown.." Sunny said with a. Determined look on her face " Whoever wins this round gets the golden cup!" She said excitedly. She's so cute when she does that, she gets so exited and giggly over the smallest things, like winning a game.

- a very intense game later -

Sunny was in first place and we were heading for the finish line. I really wanted to win. There were no more item boxes between us and the finish line and I was really determined to win. There was only one throng I could think of. I turned to Sunny who was still starring at the screen. "Hm? Pea what are you doing?" Sunny asked just as I kissed her cheek. She gets so flustered she probably wouldn't play. Sunny froze and I instantly started playing the game again. I finished in first "YES!" I yell in victory. "What the hell Pea?! T-Thats cheating!" Said Sunny who was hiding her face in her leaves. I just laughed even though I was very flustered myself. She looked up at me and I could see she was crimson red and sweating a little. I felt a little sorry for her so I sighed and said "okay maybe i did take it a little too far?". Sunny giggled after that "you dork..don't do that" she hugged me then. "Game night was perfect.." she sighed in relaxation.

A smile grew on my face. I have had a crush on Sunny for quite a while but I've never got the guts to tell her. I could tell she was sleepy so I suggested "Why don't you sleep here? You look pretty tired and it's dangerous at night in the garden". Sunny gasped and then said excitedly "Yes a sleepover about gaming! Count me in!" But then I realised something a little wrong with the situation.
I didn't have a spare bed

-End-

Omg that took so long (╹◡╹)♡ I'll try upload Chapter two soon. Btw this isn't a smutty fanfic so don't get any dirty ideas please 😒 this is for pure entertainment and just because I ship them ╰(*'︶'*)╯♡ Byeeee - Author