Chapter 7 - Travelling Bliss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of the plants called up gathered around Penelope, as she swiftly grabbed one case after another and filled the boot of her car.

Everyone was hustling about and discussing where they would sit. Misty and Plac wanted to sit together near the front because they wanted radio control. Pea strolled over to Sunny and offered to be travel buddies.

"U-Um..sure" Sunny said nervously,
she was still wondering why Pea would like her. Al the other girls were amazing and she just

Wasn't.

She was focused on how she liked him too, and if she could confess whilst at the beach. It would be like a dream.

"Are you ok Sunny? You look distressed"
Pea looked down at her
(She's smaller than him)
And he lifted her chin up with one of his Pea pods, staring into her hazel eyes. Sunny blushed a bright red and tilted her head slightly. She wanted to kiss him so bad..

On the other hand, Pea was thinking the exact same. How he wanted to just kiss her right there in front of everyone and claim her as his. But he couldn't, she'd only freak out.

Out of nowhere Misty called Sunny over to talk privately, before they all got in the car.
Pea was a bit nosey so he decided to listen in slightly.

Misty: "are you feeling ok? You've been very quiet"

Sunny: "yeah it's just..I've just been told Pea has feelings for me..and I feel the same but I'm just confused"

Peas face went crimson as he bit his lip. "She KNOWS??" He thought to himself. He was going to kill who spread it.

Misty: "Squee!! You two are SO cute! Do you like him back?"

Sunny: "yeah it's just..I don't think he actually likes me..why would he?"

Misty: "girl don't say that, you're perfect just the way you are"—

-BEEP BEEP-

The car horn went off, signalling all the plants to get into the car to leave.
Misty and Sunny ended their conversation and rushed over to sit somewhere, with Misty joining Plac near the radio.

Sunny strolled over nervously to Pea and offered for them to sit at the back. The car was rather big and could fit 7 people. But since the plants were a bit smaller than people they probably would be able to fit more than 7 beings into the car.

Pea agreed and followed Sunny to the back seats, whilst everyone else sat in the remaining places in front of them.

Pea sat down, but his belt on and stared out the window.

Sunny knows he likes her, and he was so fearful for her response. He wanted her to say yes, so he could sweep her off her leafs and hug her tightly. He started blushing again, he could hear his heart beating. He looked over at Sunny, who had also just been staring at the floor. Her breathing was uneven and trembling.

She was just as nervous as he was.  

Pea cleared his throat and began to speak:

Pea: "are you looking forward to this holiday?"

Sunny: "yeah! I'm really exited to spend time with you—I MEAN, everyone"
Sunny laughed nervously.

Sunny: " I have a feeling though.."

Pea: "...huh? What feeling"

Sunny turned to face Pea, looking up into his brown eyes. Her gaze was off and she bit her lip slightly.

"I have a feeling the zombies will come again..."

There was silence.

"W-What makes you think that?" Pea stammered.
Usually when Sunny had a feeling about something she was right..
What if there were zombies?

"Oh it's nothing Pea, aha. It's just me..."
Sunny looked at the floor, the sun shining on her yellow petals and her sun kissed face.

"What do you mean just you? There's nothing wrong with that." Pea looked concerned at her. She looked weak. In the end they both knew she was just a basic sunflower with no benefit. And if zombies did come she probably wouldn't stand a chance. The thought of that terrified Pea. Not only to lose his best friend but also the one he loves.

Sunny sighed.
"There's a lot that's wrong with it being me Pea haha." She laughed sadly. As if she would burst into tears. "What's gotten into her??" Pea thought.

He placed his pea pod on her flower hand. Looking at her so determined to change the way she thought of herself. If only she could see what he could see.

"There's nothing wrong with you, and there's plenty amazing things about you. You're beautiful and smart and kind, and so much more. Yeah it's just you. But to me it's a sweet, playful, kind hearted, beautiful sunflower."

Sunny blushed, looking into his eyes. She then gave him the sweetest smile, the best smile she's given all day. And giggled slightly. Like for the first time today she showed a genuine smile.

"Pea you're amazing you know that right?"
She smiled at him, and then gave him the biggest hug.
"You're the best guy any girl can get..."

Pea hugged her back tightly, he didn't want to let go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAAAAA
I'm so happy with all the love and support I'm getting from this fanfic! Thank you all so much!! ♡

I've finished my mocks, so I can get back to writing this!

Chapter 9 will be out as soon as possible!