Chapter 5 - Travel

Fun fact- I wrote this while I was in class 😅

Sunny's POV

I woke up nice and early to organise my things quickly. I had already packed but I wanted to make sure I had everything. I checked my list and then my suitcase, I had everything I needed. I sighed in relief before grabbing my jacket. I left my apartment in the Zen garden and went to the local Cact Cafe before I left to meet with shady and flare. I ordered a plant nutrition latte to go and waved goodbye to Cacti (a waitress at the cafe).

I unlocked my apartment door and grabbed my case. I headed back for the door but I stopped and looked at my apartment one more time. It was dim and quiet, the sun peeking through the curtains and the gentle breeze through the windows. It was silent. I smiled to myself and walked out the door, I wouldn't see my apartment for a month. I walked down the hallway, my case rolling on the wheels. The smooth glass walls on the outside, you could see the kinder garden plants playing in the sun. I truly did love earth.

When I approached the field outside Crazy Daves house, Shady and Flare were already there. Shady was a shadow sunflower with dark, unusual power. Her petals flowing in the wind. Shady was a chill girl, you could get away with anything around her and she wouldn't do anything about it. Unless you take off her mask, she HATES that.

Flare was a fire sunflower, she was more of a tsundere. She was very harsh and aggressive, but she's soft if you crack the shell. Her and shady get on, mostly because Shady doesn't do anything to annoy Flare. Flare can be a bit rude and harsh, but she's also very sweet and kind, Flares related to Lave (fire Peashooter).

Anyway, I approached them casually, we all had our suitcases. Shady saw I was approaching and waved.

"Morning Sunny" Shady said in her usual lazy tone.

"Oh, hey sunny!" Flare turned around.

"Morning girls!" I laughed and rushed over to them, my suitcase almost tumbling over on the kerb.

"I'm so exited for this trip!" Flare exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with interest.

"Yeah me too" Shady said casually, "Misty hasn't been quiet about it for ages, practically the only thing she's been speaking about".

Misty has always been a close friend of mine, she gets so exited over the smallest of things, is adorable.

"So have you heard anything off Pea?" Flare smirked at my as she nudged my arm.

"Eehhh? No why?" I asked, I was completely baffled. Why does it seem like everyone knows something I don't?
Are there rumours going around?

"Ah, bummer" Shady sighed, "he should confess alrea-"

"ODBOFKBEONAIBD SHADY SHUT UP!"
Flare yelled out of nowhere..

"Confess what?"
I asked, kind of stupid really.

I am stupid. After all.

Flare gave me a "seriously?" Face whilst Shady stared off into the distance.

I'm seriously an idiot

. . .
Confess what??

Then i realised:

"W-W-W-WAIT YOU DONT MEAN..?"

"What? Did you think he was going to confess about ducks?" Shady rolled her eyes at me

"He likes you, Sunny".

"More than a friend".