Old Friend

A/N running out of ideas for chapter titles. and it's only the 6th chapter. writing this since I'm bored. also, I'm gonna stop writing third person POV cuz I'm pretty sure we all know that I'll keep using it. ya. read on.

A weird feeling of déjà vu hit Percy all of a sudden, as he slowly awoke from his slumber. Rubbing his eyes, he looked around the room only to notice a dark figure standing over him. Percy yelped and scrambled off his bed, grabbing Riptide at the same time.

"W-wah...?" Percy's vision then cleared as he looked up happily at the dark figure.

"Nico!" he exclaimed, getting up and trying to hug him. Keyword: trying. Nico stepped aside as Percy fell flat on his face.

"Percy" Nico stared at him with dark eyes. Percy held up his hands. "Ok, ok, I get it. No hugs." Percy grinned at him. "But why are you here?"

Nico sighed. "I need to get away from Father and Persephone for a while. Gods, that woman. I swear she hates me." Nico muttered the last two parts. He then cleared his throat. "So I shadow travelled away and ended up here. Thank gods it wasn't some random person."

Percy snickered. It's been forever since he has seen his cousins. Nico was usually travelling around the world or in the Underworld, associating with the dead and stuff (which to be honest, still gave Percy the creeps), Thalia was travelling with the Hunters (why it's not called Huntress Percy doesn't know, but doesn't want to ask since Artemis might smite him) and Jason was travelling between the camps (praising the forgotten and minor gods, he said). Also, Hazel? She said and Percy quoted, "I want to explore the modern world. Maybe even go to high school." Of course, Frank was by her side, so Percy didn't need to worry. Still, he missed his cousins. Also, since he's in Paris, and most of the people he knows is in New York, he feels lonely most of the time. Seeing someone he knew for a long time makes him happy.

"So you live here?" Nico raised an eyebrow at him.

"C'mon, you have to admit that it's okay! It's not that shabby." Percy grinned. Since Percy was going to Paris, his father have him one of his houses that he had in Paris. Why he has one there, Percy doesn't know. But at least it was nice.

Nico muttered something before looking at him. "Go put on some clothes." he said, before dragging himself out of the room. Probably going to the kitchen, Percy mused, before going to his closet to pick out some fresh clothes to wear.

~Time Skip~

By the time Percy went downstairs, he already saw Nico rummaging through the fridge. Percy went to the cupboards to pull out a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"Can you get the milk?" Percy asked. Nico grunted then passed him the milk. Percy took it and poured it into bowl before he started eating.

"So are you planning to stay here for awhile?" Percy raised an eyebrow with his mouth full of cereal, staring at Nico who now decided to settle on some coffee and toast. Nico sighed then replied.

"Maybe. After all, I did say that I want to stay away from Father and Persephone for awhile." Nico sipped on his coffee.

"Why not stay at camp? Why travel this far?" Percy questioned. He knows that Nico already has plenty control over his shadow travelling powers. So why travel this far when he can just travel to camp?

"Don't think that I wanted to come here." Nico warned. Percy put a hand over his heart and mock gasped. Ignoring that, Nico continued. "I haven't been in control lately. I feel like something is hiding in the dark, hiding behind the curtains, planning something. Might be another enemy. So travelling here wasn't my choice. I just ended up here. Also, there's no way I'm going to camp."

"Why won't you go to camp? Isn't Will there?" Percy gave Nico a teasing smirk. Nico blushed slightly before sipping more of his coffee as munching on his toast. After awhile, he finally decided to speak.

"He's wants to do something normal in life, so right now he's in college. Getting a degree or something. I don't know. But it's none of your business." Nico muttered.

"Fine fine. C'mon. Let's go outside." Percy got up and rinsed his bowl and spoon. When he was done he went to the door.

"What're you doing?" Nico followed him.

"Hanging out with you of course. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, it's a great day! Let's go!" Percy dragged Nico with him once he put his shoes on.

"I prefer a darker day." Nico muttered, before letting himself get dragged away.

~Time Skip~

"So what were you saying earlier about something hiding behind the curtains and in the dark?" Percy asked as they walked through the streets. Birds chirped happily around them as cars roared by.

"You haven't noticed anything?" Nico asked, a faint hint of surprise in his voice.

"Am I supposed to? Since you know, we already had the Titan War and Giant War, I figured it'll mostly be quiet. And peaceful." Percy said.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you?" Nico sighed, ignoring the "Hey!" from Percy. Nico continued. "The ominous aura feels the strongest here. Is there anything in Paris that involves something bad?"

"Um..." Percy scratched his head. "The only thing I can think of are those 'akumas' Ladybug and Chat Noir fight against. Other than that, no."

"Akumas?" Nico raised an eyebrow.

"Apparently, their people who get transformed by a villain named Hawkmoth. After they get transformed, the run around Paris and cause chaos before Ladybug and Chat Noir stops them." Percy explained.

"Who's Ladybug and Chat Noir?" Nico asked.

Percy chuckled. "You should really start keeping up with the modern day Nico." Percy said, feeling the dark glare Nico shot at him. "So back to topic, they're these superheroes who keep Paris safe from Hawkmoth and his akumas. They also wear spandex for some reason. Sometimes I wonder why it's not some sort of cool armour?" Percy picked up a ball and threw it back to a kid.

"The source of evil may be coming from that, but it feels much eviler. Much darker. It may be even worse than the other two wars we battled in." Nico muttered, as two people passed by him.

"We can always try Iris-messaging Annabeth. She should know something." Percy said.

"It doesn't get through though. The connections messed up as well." Nico said.

Percy pondered. Ok, so this sounds pretty big. Something evil happening? It's bad already. No iris-messaging? Super bad. But Percy not being able to sense the ominous aura? Really bad. But then again, he wasn't exactly the type to pick up on things quickly. Unless it was super obvious. Then maybe. Percy then sighed and shook his head.

"You know what? Let's just steer clear of these things for now, and focus on other happier stuff. C'mon, I want to show you this bakery my friend's parents own. It officially has the best food ever!" Percy dragged Nico behind him.

Nico sighed. Maybe they should steer clear of these things for a while. But only a little. But Nico sensed that all this peace will be disrupted. Again. And he didn't like it one bit.

A/N my friends texted each other in this group chat we have. but they were texting during the night. when I was sleeping. I didn't turn the vibrating off, so every time I heard it, it freaked me out since I was still half asleep and stuff.