Problems Arising

A/N @writinglover3020 about the Marinette being a demigod suggestion, I'm thinking of her being like a grandchild to one of the gods, since the idea of either Tom and Sabine not being her real parent makes me feel sad. hope you aren't disappointed. and readers, you can decide on that certain god should be. I'll be picking the most popular choice.

Ding!

Marinette looked up behind the counter, only to see Percy dragging this emo-looking boy behind him.

"Hey Percy." Marinette said, though still confused about who that boy was. "Who's that?"

"Hey Marinette!" Percy greeted back enthusiastically. "Nico, this is Marinette. Marinette, this is Nico. He's one of my many cousins."

"Many cousins?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. "How much?"

"Oh you know, dozens. Mainly because of a certain uncle of mine." Percy dismissed the subject by waving his hand. "Anyway, I wanted to show Nico that this is the best bakery ever! So, can you recommend anything?"

Marinette did not want to think about what Percy's uncle has done, so she forced herself to forget about that subject and focus on what he was saying.

"Well um, you can start of with these freshly made macaroons. Customers say that this is one of the few highlights that they like about our bakery." Marinette said, rubbing her neck uncomfortably, as she stared at Nico who stared at everything around with no interest. Percy noticed Marinette's look and and chuckled.

"It's okay, he's always like that." Percy looked at Nico, who proceeded to stare at the park across the street.

"O-ok..." Marinette trailed off, as she started getting the macaroons. While she was packing them, she thought about how Nico seemed to have the same aura as Percy. But instead of getting a nice, calming feeling Percy has, Nico seemed to have this feeling where you feel like you should keep your guard up around him, and should be aware of everything you do or it'll be the end of you. Percy didn't seem to mind about that, and kept on talking to Nico like he was his best friend, while Nico looked like he was trying his hardest to ignore him.

"Here you go." Marinette passed the baked goods over to Percy, who in turn handed her some euros. Marinette then gave the change to Percy.

"C'mon Nico, give it a try! You won't regret!" Percy shoved one of the macaroons into Nico's face. Nico frowned and took it from his hand, then bit into it. A flicker of surprise flickered onto his face as he savoured the taste. It was actually good.

"Told ya!" Percy grinned.

"Ok, ok, I get it." Nico grumbled, but still ate nevertheless.

"By the way, Marinette?" said person gave a questioning look to Percy. "Can you come along with us? I want to introduce Nico to the others, but I don't exactly know their addresses." Percy sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

Marinette offered him a smile then nodded. She then shouted, "Maman, Papa, can one of you take over? I'm helping Percy introduce his cousin to the rest of our friends!" Sabine and Tom walked out, and looked at her.

"Cousin?" Sabine asked. Percy nodded.

"This is one of my many cousins, Nico Di Angelo." Percy introduced Nico, who fidgeted and muttered that it was starting to get crowded.

"Di Angelo?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. His last name doesn't sound like English or French. Tom and Sabine also looked confused. Percy looked at their confused looks and explained.

"He's Italian." Percy said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. The three "ohhh'd" and nodded.

"How much cousins to you have?" Tom asked.