Learning About Them

Ok, but really, Percy didn't have a plan. He just thought of defeating the monster and pretending nothing happened. Yes, he thought about acting dumb. He knew it wasn't going to work. But he can still try, can he not?

The monster roared and swung its claws at them. Percy just thought about sidestepping around it easily, but then he remembered Marinette, Alya and Nino. He panicked.

"Guys! Stay back!" Percy shouted, as he dodged the claws swiftly. Marinette shook off her shock and urged Alya and Nino to move. They didn't move at all.

"Alya! Nino! Come on, we have to get moving! It's dangerous! You heard what Percy said. He said to stay back!" Marinette shook them.

"But..." Alya said, dazed by what she sees.

"Wha..." Nino said in shock.

"Look! I'm sure he'll explain to us after. But right now we have to get going!" With the strength she can currently summon right now, she pushed Alya and Nino back, far away from the danger zone.

"Nico, I'll distract it. Can you find a way to destroy it?" Percy asked. Nico nodded.

"Here we go." Percy muttered. He took a deep breath and shouted, "HEY MEATHEAD!"

The monster turned towards him and cocked its head.

"YEAH, YOU! WHO ELSE WOULD I BE CALLING OUT TO?"

The monster snarled at Percy and got into a pouncing position.

"I hope Nico thinks of a plan quickly." Percy muttered nervously. He then started shouting again. "HA! I BET YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME, YOU BIG LUMP OF MEATLOAF!"

The monster snarled once more before it finally pounced.

"Oh sweet mother. Nico, what are you doing?!" Percy panicked as he dodged the attack and started running away from the monster.

Suddenly, shadows seemed to move under the monster. It wrapped around it, trapping the creature so the only thing it could do was struggle and growl.

"What are you doing?" Percy asked.

"Just inspecting it. I've never seen this type of monster and...well..you know where we've both been before." Nico muttered.

Percy winced as he thought about those horrible memories and shook it off. That was in the past. Hopefully, it'll never happen to anyone ever again.

"Anyway" Nico cleared his throat. "I was thinking of taking a picture of this and sending to Chiron for information on this. If he doesn't have any, I'll ask Father about this."

"Wait pictures?" Percy was confused. "Isn't Iris messaging the only communication method for us? Since you know, using phones is literally telling monsters to come and kill us?"

"Oh I didn't tell you?" Nico said. "While you were gone, the Hephaestus cabin created this type of phone-" Nico pulled out a device "that allows us demigods to contact each other."

"Wha-? Why didn't anyone tell me about this? I could like-call you guys every other month! Or week!" Percy exclaimed.

Nico shrugged. "We all just decided that we'll tell you about it when you come back."

"But that won't be for another few months or so!" Percy exclaimed.

Nico shrugged again. He took a picture of the monster and sent it. Probably to Chiron, like he said before.

"Wait a minute..." Percy felt like he forgot something.

"What?" Nico raised an eyebrow. "Oh wait, we still have to kill this thing." Nico pulled out his sword and stabbed it. The creature released a terrifying roar before dissipating.

"No, no." Percy said distracted. "There was something else."

"The fact that your friends were watching us fight? And that they're coming over here right now?" Nico said.

"No, not that either." Percy murmured. "Wait-they're coming over here?!"

Percy turned around quickly. Surely enough, they were walking in their direction.

"Dang it! Ok um, what should we say?" Percy racked his brain for ideas. "Nico, what should we say?"

"Don't know." Nico shrugged. "You promised that you were going to do the explaining."

"Wha-?" Percy exclaimed in disbelief. "When did I say that?"

"Think back to earlier, Kelp Head." Nico said.

Flashback

"Nico, shadow travel us somewhere. The monster should follow us." Percy said.

"Are you crazy?! What about them?! And why not just end it here?!" Nico gestured to the other three, who look terrified of the monster.

"We'll just have to explain to them. Plus, we can't fight it with all these stuff strewn around! C'mon! It's either die or live right now!" Percy said.

"Fine! But you're doing the explaining!" Nico said.

Flashback End

"Ok, but I didn't agree to that!" Percy said.

"I sensed and heard no objections. Therefore, it means that you are willing to explain the situation to them. So better start thinking, Kelpy." Nico countered back.

"But-" Percy said.

"Oh look. Here they are." Nico said.

The other three people walked up to the two and regarded them suspicious looks.

"Ok, you better start explaining what is going on! From top to bottom without leaving out a single detail!" Alya demanded.

"Wait Alya, they just finished fighting that-that thing. Shouldn't we let them rest for now then question them later?" Marinette said.

"Yeah." Nino joined in. "I'm sure they'll tell us the situation later." Nino looked at the two. "Right?"

"Well..." Percy sweat dropped underneath the gazes of the three people in front of him. He gave into the pressure and sighed. "Ok, ok, yeah, I'll explain to you later."

"Good. Let's go back into school and..." Alya started.

"Wait!" Percy exclaimed. "I just remembered now!"

"What?" The other four looked at him.

"Ok so first" Percy started. "I realized Nico isn't a student so him entering the school would technically be someone trespassing the school grounds without a visitor, uh, pass? I don't know but it's still trespassing."

"Ok true." Marinette said. She thought for a while. "Let's go to the park then. It's not that far."

The other four nodded.

"Also the second thing..." Percy swallowed. "You see...there might've been a miscalculation but um...well the thing is.."

"Get to the point." Nico said.

"Well..." Percy chuckled nervously. "Where's Adrien?"

A/N this isn't edited since I'm tired but I wanted to release this chapter rn so yeah.