Ghost King

Your POV

You shiver as the night air blows in your face. Grover is blabbing about Camp Half-Blood and how good it is.

"Grover, can you please just explain more about the Greek gods and stuff!" you shout.

"And we have strawberry fields- huh? Oh, yeah, sure." Grover clears his throat. "So, Greek gods are real. Over the thousands and thousands of years of their life, they got bored. So, they came down to Earth and had kids. I guess Poseidon got bored, because your his daughter. Very weird and you can control water. Like most Poseidon kids!"

"I still don't get you," you reply.

As you walk up the hill, you see a huge sign. It seemed to be in a different language.

"Hey, Grover, what does that - uhh.." Just as you were gonna ask Grover what it said, the letters switched around and it said Camp Half-Blood.

You didn't exactly know how it happened, but it seemed as though you knew the language. It never really appeared to you before.

"Hey Grover, how can I read that? I've never read a... different language before."

Grover chuckled slightly before responding. "Your brain is hardwired so that you can read Ancient Greek."

You nodded, still a little confused, but decided not to pry further. "Since you don't seem to be a human, what exactly are you?"

Grover froze in place. "How could you tell?"

"You were secretly chewing on a piece of grass. What do expect?" you said.

Grover started to remove his pants.

"Whoa, whoa! Grover! Stop it!" you yell.

You quickly cover your eyes. You here Grover's pants hit the floor with a small thud. You feel yourself get slightly embarrassed.

"It's fine. I'm not half naked," Grover said. You could already hear the small laughter hidden under his throat.

You slowly moved your hands away from your eyes, and gasped seeing that your idea that he wasn't full human was true. He was half donkey.

"You're half donkey!?" you asked, surprise laced in your voice.

"No. Its goat. And we're here!" Grover smiled, running over to a blue building. It had a white railing, with a man, that was half horse standing on the deck playing some sort of game with one other person.

The half horse had white hair and a white beard, brown eyes, and a white horse's butt.

The other person had black hair, a black t-shirt, dark gray jeans, and gray converse.

Woah, you thought. That boy does not look like a people's person.

You and Grover walk up the steps of what Grover explained was The Big House.

As you walked, the half horse half human fixed his eyes on you. His brown eyes glinted with curiosity.

"Grover, who is your new friend?" the man asked. Or horse.

"This is Y/n. She's a lost demigod," Grover answered.

The boy in black let out a little snort.

"Lost demigod?" he asked.

"Yes. I was lost in the woods and was attacked by giant dogs," you replied before Grover could.

The boy turned to you. His obsidian black eyes seemed to study you. Then he turned his attention to Grover.

"Do you know her godly parent?" he asked.

"Poseidon," Grover said.

"Poseidon," Chiron said. "You sure?"

"I saw the trident above her head. Plus, she fought of a hellhound and used water magic," Grover relied. "Now, will you two introduce yourselves?"

The boy glared a bit a Grover, but you could see that he was shocked about you being the daughter of Poseidon.

You smirked at this comment and crossed your arms. Your fingers tapped on your forearm impatiently.

"I'm waiting," you said.

The boy rolled his eyes and took out his hand.

"I'm Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades, god of the underworld. I'm also considered Ghost King," he said.

You firmly shook his hand. You straightened yourself and looked over at the horse-man-thing.

"My apologizes. I'm Chiron. The camp director of Camp Half-Blood. I'm also a centaur." He put his hand out.

You shook his hand, a bit friendlier than how you shook Nico's.

"Grover, Percy was looking for you earlier. Some about having to protect him from Annabeth." Grover nodded and ran off. "Meanwhile, Nico, give Y/n a tour of the camp."

Nico sighed in disappointment.

"Fine," he said. "Lets go."

"Sure, Ghost King," you replied.

He grabbed your hand and pulled you away from The Big House. His hand was cold against yours. For some reason, you felt a little burn on your cheeks.

He let go of your hand and walked forward. You trailed behind the Ghost King.