At Least We Aren't in Tartarus

Nico's POV

I don't know what Y/N was doing, but I was definitely confused. Is she trying to piss me off? Or get me killed? Or both? 

I have no idea, but right now, I am not in the mood for games. I looked at Y/N directly, showing her clearly that I was confused. Y/N nodded her head and brought her finger to her lips. I rolled my eyes. What the heck was that supposed to mean? Yes, just go with it and keep your mouth shut? Is she joking? 

"Hey, Wade, why don't I go with Nico?" Y/N asked, batting her eyes at the ugly cyclops. 

He blushed and snickered. Then, all of a sudden, he must've gotten a few brain cells because he said, "Wait! You're just trying to escape! And to think you actually liked me!" 

"No no no!" Y/N yelled, her eyes filled with worry. "You know what, I'll be honest with you, okay?"

"What?" 

"The truth is, I wanted to make you a surprise cake with Nico inside of it," Y/N lied. I still didn't get what she was trying to do. "But I have to leave with him to get the stuff." 

"Aw, you don't have to do that," Wade responded, his ugly face turning an ugly red. 

I glared at Y/N. She mouthed trust me and grabbed a rope by her foot. "I'll just take him now. I'll use this as a leash." 

She came behind me and tied my arms together. I noticed she still had a limp on the leg she had broken. That wasn't good. I looked at Wade, who was smiling nervously. 

"I love blueberries," Wade commented. 

"I'll remember that when I make your cake," Y/N told him, giving him a small smile. I noticed she seemed a little uncomfortable and a bit nervous. What was she planning? "Ok then, I'll be back Wade!" 

So, just like that, we left the house. When we opened the door, the bright light from the sun burned my eyes. I tried to lift my hand to cover them, but then I realized my hands were bound together. Y/N, however, used her hand as a shield. I looked around. We were in the middle of a pretty dense looking forest. A few forest critters were running through the trees and bushes peacefully. 

We weren't in Tartarus anymore. 

I looked at Y/N. She had a small smile playing on her lips. Then, together, we walked away into the forest. 

---

It had been about 2 hours since we left Wade back at that abandoned house. Y/N had untied me and I helped her walk around fallen tree trucks or bushes. Occasionally, I would turn my head, afraid that Wade was following us. We continued to truck along, with no sign of Wade behind us. Y/N seemed to be struggling with her leg. She was getting sweaty and really tired. Every now and then, she would grab at her leg. 

"Y/N, you need to stop and rest," I said. 

She looked at me, pain written all over her face. She nodded. I rubbed my wrist and then helped Y/N get comfortable on a small spot of grass. She leaned back against a large stone boulder, closing her eyes. 

"We can't stay here long," she announced. She opened her eyes and met mine. I kneeled beside her and held her hand. "Wade will look for us if we don't come back." 

"We'll worry about that later. For now, you need to rest." I moved a strand of hair from her face and kissed her forehead. 

I sat beside her and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Well at least we aren't in that horrid place again." 

I chuckled silently. "Yeah. That was terrible."

"Wait." Y/N sat up and looked at me, clearly concerned. I returned her look, except more confused than worried. 

"What?" 

"Pan!"