Woah

Nico's POV

Through out all of this, my mind stirred with questions that seemed to be exploding. Why was he even here in the first place? What did he do to come here? Also, wasn't he supposed to die peacefully as an old man?

My main question was what got him down here. I still can't process everything that's going on.

"Nico!" Y/N yelled. "He's waking up!"

I looked over at Pan and saw his eyes flutter open. He looked like we were gonna kill him. He pressed his back farther into the bolder and nearly ripping his shirt more from all the pressure.

"Please don't hurt me," he said, his voice low and shaky.

I turned to Y/N, who's eyes were bright with concern. Whatever this guy went through it was definitely not a good thing. It seems like he's seen Kronos' Sunday morning. "Were not going to hurt you."

He sighed with relief, obviously releasing the fear that he had held in his throat. But even though he knew we weren't going to hurt him, he didn't seem to have release the fear from his stomach.

"Can you tell us how you got here?" I asked.

Pan's face became dark with negative emotions. "When I died, the gods had one last thing to say to me. I was taken to Olympus and put face-to-face with Zeus himself. He told me that I was being killed. I wasn't naturally dying the way I was supposed to. I asked him who was killing me and he said... he was."

He paused.
Then continued.

"I was shocked and told him that I didn't understand what I had done to deserve what I was being given.  Next thing I know, I'm in Tartarus fighting all my old enemies."

Y/N and I looked at each other. We both knew that what we heard was bad.