Chapter 1: Her Greatest Resolve

______________________________________

LEILA'S POV♠

I..I. I dreamed of something beautiful.

Funny it may seem, but those birds can fly freely in the sky, fishes swim radiantly in the water, and leaves calmly swaying under the morning breeze.

Those simple things, I wish I could be like that, someday.

"Are you okay Miss?" A fine old woman, whom I am suspecting as a nurse spoke up.

And memories sank in continuously like a flowing river in my mind. I wish time would just pass, enabling myself from moving on to my tainted past.

My mother, and my father, both are killed right before my eyes. Those faces of them in agony, I cannot and will never ever forget it. I'll forever carry it out in my mind, and deep in my heart.

That day when I promised that I'll stand up to fight for my own. I'll give them the justice they deserve, and believe in my will power as the secret heiress of the SkyReign family.

The greatest and the most honored lineage in Lycea, the town of all great mysteries, the birth of every crimes, the roots of every struggling hopes, and the place where I grew.

I was trained not to kill, nor to fight, but to be the greatest detective, and solve all of those veiled unknowns in Earth, with the reach of my knowledge and skills, I vowed to protect those pure souls bound to live longer.

Though I'm the heiress of a well-known family, I never get the chance to interact with normal people.

Like a princess trap in it's own haunted castle, I was born with a blood of a royal in my body.

But that's not where the story ends.

Without anyone knowing except my parents, my mother exploited a very big discovery in just a small span of time while she's travelling overseas.

And she said that I'll be a big part of it, so for the rest of the time, I have to train, with Hayasaki, my personal trainer and protector.

Not because of greed, but he also taught me self-defense, which I first insisted because I don't want to fight, thus, he said it's for my own good. I have no choice but to get through it, training which enhances my mental and critical capacity.

 He maximized my extremities, in order to surpass all those strong-willed detectives who's trying to find what my mother excavated which is the,"Code name: Dark Purification"

Hence, I am the only one who knows that code name my mother had given, not even Hayasaki.

He never asked me about it, and was never curious what can it really deal in the mainstream of life. But I've never doubted him, I guess that's one of the reasons my mother personally picked him to hone me into a fine lady.

Flashback...

"Stand up! Pick that stick and let's do it again." He sighed as he ponder his eyes on my clothes filled with dusts.

"Leila, young lady, please don't attack me recklessly. Remember what I taught you a while ago, think!" He shouted before I get myself onto attack stance once again.

I tried to exhale it in pain, but my wounds are affecting my speed so I really have to think now. Focus Leila! You can do it! Make your parents proud.

Clearing my mind, I conceptualized a new plan.

I can see a piece of pebble near me and a chandelier in his position right now.

This is my chance, he's near the staircase, and it's quite a jump so he can't escape.