Chapter 9: Mystery #1: His Savior

"Ah!!!" We were both alarmed and searched for a woman's voice.

That definitely is a scream from someone who's near on our area. Regardless who she is, this might be a clue for my investigation so I have to find her.

"Get these and lea-" We're stunned by our choice of words. Why do we have to go with the same line?

"No, I'll go. Put these things on the house and I will catch where that gunshot is misleadingly headed to. This one's out of our school premises, they have no grounds on you when something bad happen." I can fully understand him if I was somebody who's not capable of doing anything to help someone but unfortunately not anymore.

I've had training for years so I'll not waste it.

"Okay." I said faking my words. He nodded at me and moved where we heard the scream.

When I noticed that he is far away enough, I started ripping my long skirt, removing the weights and moved the groceries on a safe place cause who knows? I might as well retrieve it.

Ito na ang oras para gamitin ko ang sandatang binigay sa akin ni Dad. I'll use this in provoking crimes and for serving people with justice.

I brought the pen and turned it into a sword. A katana to be exact, my dad gave it to me when I was seven. But I still don't know how to use it, so I did not invest time looking for a way until Hayasaki teached me to fight.

And this sword, is called the "Sky Crimson Blade" unlike the normal ones, this is ten times lighter and sharper.

It is specially made for me in connection with my gift

I can borrow a soul full of hatred from the spirit realm and materialize it.

Although I'm afraid at first, I've mastered and found how my weapon works so the soul won't detoriate and succumb my body entirely.

Have I ever told you that my family also holds a big technology facility before? They modified it and one of their successful research is this.

My dad founded the material for forging it so it was named after his surname which is SkyReign and eventually turned into Sky Crimson Blade.

So enough with these informations. I motioned myself, and looked for hints and clues left for me to trace their path.

Summoning the enchanted power of my katana is not easy, because it takes a lot of willpower, and needs a certain amount of blood to fully transform so I have to do a small cut for myself first.

While I'm figuring out Haze's path, I heard a loud gun shot again but this time, it's closer.

With one swift turn, I found them, I don't know why, but I felt like hatred just sucked me in.

Haze's POV

"Ahhh!" The girl kept screaming and she was now bathing in blood, I'm late. She's dead already.