02: Double-edged

02: Double-edged

------------------

"III-ZAAAAAA-YAAAAAAAA!!!"

A trashcan came flying towards you, narrowly missing you by a hair and hit Izaya, causing him to end sprawled on the street. He wasn't moving. "I-Izaya?!" You shouted. Tom just sighed, took a step to the side and scratched his neck. "Here he goes again."

"E-eh? What was that, Tom-san?"

"I suggest you step aside, (Name)-san."

"Wha-"

"I'm alright, (Name)-chan." You heard Izaya say, slowly sitting up with a smile on his face. "It's been a while since we last played, Shizu-chan."

"Izaya..." You heard a voice behind you say. You turned around to see Shizuo, seemingly pissed. "What're you doing here in Ikebukuro?"

"Aw, don't be like that Shizu-chaaan~" Izaya teased, like how he did back in highschool every time he was trying to provoke Shizuo. "I only came here to see you-"

"DON'T MESS WITH ME!!!" Shizuo grabbed one of the benches and threw it at Izaya, who simply jumped to the side. The bench skidded across the pavement, harming no one. "Well, (Name)-chan? Aren't you gonna do anything?" Izaya said to you. "It IS your job to stop this monster, right?"

"Well, yeah but..."

"Then why don't you try stopping him now?" He taunted as he stood his ground. Shizuo didn't grab anything this time, instead he ran forward and shot his fist out at Izaya. Your instincts jumped in, but so did logic.

I can stop him if I-!

Are you an idiot? Of course you can't! Beside, Izaya is just trying to trick you! He can escape on his own. You'll just get injured!

B-but!

"Ah, screw it!" You shouted and ran forward, spreading your hands out and stood in front of Izaya. You closed your eyes, ready for the impact of Shizuo's fist.

A moment passed. Nothing happened. I'm not dead, am I ? You opened one eyes to Shizuo's fist at the side of your face, just inches away from you. Izaya had jumped back far off, where he was far away. "Are you stupid?!" Shizuo withdrew his hand and shouted at you. "Why'd you get in the way?! You could've been hit!"

"It's my-"

"Shut up and listen to me, idiot!"

Your eyes furrowed disapprovingly at him as he continued to shout, like a mother scolding a child. "What the fuck..." You muttered to yourself, before you hit his ribs with your elbow. His eyes widened for a moment, before he grabbed his rib. You knew the force wasn't enough to hurt him much, but that seemed to shut him up for a moment. "Why would you do that?!"

"Keep quiet!" You elbowed him again, and he shut up. "I TOLD you my job is to stop you, right? So I just had to step in, right? RIGHT?"

"Dammit, you annoying bastard!" He shouted back."I've been called worse, thank you."

Izaya whistled from the side. "Woo, I'd hate to get on your bad side, (Name)-chan." You glared at him. "Izaya, we'll talk later." You said. "In the meantime, get the hell out of here before one of us kicks your ass."