10: Adversity

I'm back from the dead, people! And with me, I bring UPDATES! Yeah, updates, wonderful enough (I think) to make you forget that I didn't update for half a month >_< So, put down your pitch forks, and enjoy the update!

10: Adversity

------------------

"I-ZAAAAAA-YAAAAAAA!!!"

Said man turned his heel, running down the snowy streets of Ikebukuro, away from the blonde man chasing him with a street sign in his hands. He grinned, grinned, grinned, and finally let out a laugh.

Me or Shizu-chan, which one of us will win today?

Such a gamble so fun I can't resist!

"You're it, protozoan!" Izaya shouted over his shoulder as he continued to laugh down the streets. With his well-paced footing, he made sure not to slip on any snow puddles along the way, which was an advantage now that Shizuo was catching up with him, and the bartender himself was struggling to keep up with all the slippery spots on the road. "I'm going to KILL you, you damn flea!"

"Oh, Shizu-chan~ How many years have you been telling me that? I'm still alive, why don't we just kiss and make up~?"

"Shut UUUUUUPPPPP!"

Another shout, another smirk. The pattern always had the same outcome, but no matter how many times they did this, the raven would never get tired of running. This game, he had in control. He always won when it came to Shizuo.

It was already 15 minutes since their chase had started, engaging in front of the hospital. Izaya had initially planned to simply tire Shizuo out by running around in circles--he wasn't even surprised that the dumb protozoan didn't notice-- and would pelt him with insults later on, but the blonde seemed to have had more energy today, and was keeping up with Izaya's stamina.

He stepped to the side and entered an alleyway, looking over his shoulders again to make sure that the blonde was still on his tracks. Sure enough, the fortissimo followed, but not before pausing to throw the street sign he was holding like a javelin. Izaya skidded to a halt and ducked as the sign sailed over his head, landing right in front of him with a loud CLANG. Grinning, he turned around to shout another mock to the stupid man, but to his surprise, a pair of strong hands had found their way to his neck, and Izaya had sworn he had saw stars when his back was pushed against the wall, and his head followed after. Pain shot through his mind, shaking him out of his thoughts for a moment.

"Well well well, would you look at that." Through his blurry vision, Izaya saw Shizuo tower over him, the bartender's face was a mix of disbelief and humor. "I caught a damn flea like Izaya-kun. How the hell did that happen?"

"S-Shizu-chan..." Despite his situation, Izaya managed to force out a pained laugh. "Do we kiss now?"

((A/N: SLAP ME. SLAP ME NOW >///////<))

"Shut up," He could feel Shizuo's hands tighten around his neck without hesitation, choking off any other possible remarks. The informant's hands immediately flew to Shizuo's, in an attempt to pull them off. Unfortunately, the latter's strength completely dominated him, and he was rendered helpless as the air was slowly choked out of him. "What are you planning, huh, Izaya?" Half-lidded crimson eyes met brown ones as Izaya clenched his teeth, trying to get air. "I-I have no idea what--" He hacked, feeling his face turn blue. To his horror, Shizuo's grip simply got tighter and tighter with every second, seems like he wasn't really going to pass up this opportunity of killing him.