06: Fiend

I updated because I'm really excited for something. I'll tell ya at the end of the chapter ;)

06: Fiend

---------------

"What the fuck are you doing here, (Name)?!" Shizuo shouted the moment his eyes locked unto yours. You took in a deep breath of air to calm yourself. "Listen, Shizuo..."

"You said that you were supposed to be at the station today!" Shizuo continued, slamming his fist down at the table, which caused you to gulp. Bad enough that he was pissed, but if he decided to go on yet another rampage, you didn't know which one would end up in the air first: you or the table. Possibly both.

"Can't you see that we're having a date here, Shizu-chan?" Izaya chuckled as he rested his chin on his hand. You saw Shizuo's eye twitch. "What?"

"I asked (Name)-chan if she was available today and asked her out."

"..." Shizuo fell silent, his fist tightening yet his gaze still remains murderous. "Is this true, (Name)?" He asked, the same murderous eyes focusing on you. It made you uncomfortable, and you gulped.

"Somewhat." You replied, avoiding eye contact with the blonde as you blushed. You didn't want to lie to Shizuo, since he didn't seem like the type to be easily fooled. But it was embarrassing for you to actually admit that the two of you were on a date, so you decided to give him a short answer.

To your surprise, after a few moments of silence, you felt yourself being lifted up by the collar of your coat. Shizuo neared his face to yours, his mocha orbs reflecting anger and malice. "Well, screw me for thinking that you were at the station this entire time!" He shouted. Your eyebrows furrowed, no doubt you were trembling from nervousness now. What were the odds of Shizuo throwing you halfway across town? THAT you didn't want to know. Nevertheless, you gulped, summoning up whatever courage you have left to face the monster in front of you. "Well..."

The sound of a phone beeping interrupted the two of you. Both you and Shizuo turned your heads to face Izaya, who smirked as he held his phone. "Oops~" He chuckled and raised his hands innocently. "Sorry, I didn't mean to call the police~"

"Why you little...!" Shizuo released his grip on your collar, letting you fall to the ground as he advanced on Izaya. You watched as he grabbed a chair and threw it to the latter, who simply jumped to the side with a laugh. Unluckily, the chair went flying straight at the cafe's display window, sending shards of glass flying everywhere as it shattered. People started screaming as you, Izaya and Shizuo confronted each other.

"Tsk, Shizu-chan you should really work on your aim!" Izaya laughed as he dusted off some shards from his shoulder. "Shut up-!"

He was then interrupted with the sound of police sirens echoing somewhere in the city. No doubt it was heading their way. "I'm sure Kyo-chan and the others will back you up, (Name)-chan." Izaya winked as he took a step back, signaling his attempt to escape. "Be sure to call me after this, okay? Bye (Name)-chan~ And good luck with the cops, Shizu-chan!" With one last laugh, Izaya bolted towards the opposite direction, where the sound of sirens were coming from.

It suddenly sunk in, Izaya used you yet again to lure Shizuo out, and perhaps get him in trouble with the police. You hated how he planned it all, how he used you again, but you had more important matters to fix.

"You bastard!" Shizuo started running after Izaya, but immediately you grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back. Which was incredibly difficult considering Shizuo's strength, it almost felt like you were holding back a bull. "Wait, Shizuo!"