Part//🎾10

Alessia's POV

I woke up to the bleeping sound of my alarm at 7.30am. It's already super bright outside in Melbourne. I hope it's a sigh it's going to be a good Tuesday . Hopefully. I feel I deserve a good day today, easy going at least.

I have warmup with Angie Kerber at 9am, because my match is at 11am on center court. At least that's one Pro, my first time playing on center court at a grand slam.

It's only my second grand slam, first one being US open a few months back. Where I lost in the second round, just mentioning.

I sit up in bed and the first thing I do is check my phone for a message from Alex. I know what you're thinking, but I can't help it, I have to know.

I unlock my phone with little hope but still wishing for something, anything.

A brake through maybe.

I see that he sent me something on Snapchat. My heart starts racing and I'm hoping it's something good. So maybe I could talk to him. Or try to. Again.

I open my Snapchat really slow because I'm nervous to see what it is.

Disappointment nearly swallows me when I see it's just a streak. A plain, normal streak.

We have 458 streaks together and even if we fight, I don't expect either of us to be childish enough to let the streak die over that.

I take a picture of the plain white bed sheets and send it back to him.

I decide to take a look at the draw before I go take a shower. One thing that would make me feel a whole lot better is winning my first grand slam. So it's best to see who I'm up against.

My first singles is quite tricky and if I win, I take on Madison keys. I have the best luck.

I lock my phone and climb out of bed, and walk to the bathroom. Sonya left the room already because she has her match 10am.

I stop in front of the fall body mirror and take a look at my appearance.

My eyes aren't as puffy and red as the day before and I have a bit of color on my face now. Thank God I'm not looking like shrimp again.

I wrap my arms around my body and breathe in the scent from Alex's shirt that I slept in. It smells just like his cologne that I have grown to love over the years.

I hate fighting with him. I hate it. It may seem like I enjoy it, but actually it just makes everything so difficult, difficult for no reason.

In a couple of hours I have a very difficult first round match and I probably won't have my boyfriend there to support me or to even wish me good luck.

I make my way to the bathroom to take a shower. It's game day, and I have to be focused, no matter what bullshit is happening around me. Just focus.

I take a 15 minute shower in hopes that it will wash off all the crap from the past couple of hours.

I head back into my room and put on my official adidas warm up outfit and gear.

I tie my hair up into a high pony and lift my chin up. Confidence is super important before all my matches, it can be the difference between a win and loss in most cases, and in this case I want to win. Obviously.

I throw my bag over my shoulder and grab my phone in my right hand.

I switch off all the lights before I walk out and I unlock my phone to see if I have any important messages.