021

Today's the day. Dan thought as he straightened his bow tie. Finally...I can love Phil.

"Dan?" His mother called from downstairs.

"Yes?" He called back.

"Have fun at the dance, darling! I expect you home at ten today, and no naughty business with any girls!"

Dan answered her with a chuckle and glanced at Phil's contact.

danisnotonfire: Phil?

AmazingPhil: heyyy!

danisnotonfire: ready for our dance?

AmazingPhil: of course! send me a pic of yourself!

danisnotonfire: what, and spoil my outfit? No way!

danisnotonfire: you'll see me in 15 min. don't be so impatient!

AmazingPhil: ugghhh, fine!

Dan smiled and placed his phone in his jacket pocket before heading downstairs and walking towards the football field.

Once he arrived, he laughed at the sight of heart shaped balloons tied onto the bleachers and Chris spinning the DJ discs clumsily.

"Hey, Chris!" Dan waved him over.

"Oh, hey, mate! Did you see my DJ skills? Phil's going to be blown away!" He chuckled before walking back over to the set.

"Yeah, I hope so." Dan mumbled under his breath.

Dan Howell...the best person ever. Phil thought as he casually strolled in front of his house, flicking his father off as he struggled not to laugh out loud.
I have something he doesn't. Love.

As he made his way to the football field, he kept thinking about PJ's forceful kiss from the day before. He shook his head and sighed.

danisnotonfire: hey! you here yet?!

Phill sighed at Dan's eagerness and texted him back.

AmazingPhil: almost! who's impatient now?!

He then arrived at the football field and looked around in shock at all the salmon pink heart-shaped balloons.

"Wow...he really went all out." Phil mumbled before seeing Dan on the stage with a microphone in his hand.

"Are you sure he'll like this?" Dan asked Chris, not realizing his question was echoing through the microphone.

"Of course he will! And see? He's right over there!" Chris pointed at Phil.

Dan blushed fiercely once he saw Phil in a gray blazer and pants, and a dark velvet tie.

"O-oh, Phil. You're here!" He spoke through the microphone.

Phil climbed onto the stage and held his hand out, waiting for Dan to grab it.

Once Dan did, Phil pulled him in and kissed him softly, making Dan blush even more fiercely than before.

"Wow," Phil chuckled once they separated, "it looks like you have a sunburn."

Dan hid his face and started laughing out of embarrassment as Chris whistled to focus his attention on anything but Dan and Phil.

"I-It does?" Dan asked.

Phil just smirked at him and asked him about the microphone.

"I guess I'll have to show you." Dan smiled before taking a deep breath.

Chris started up "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston and cued Dan once she started to sing.

(Play the video now to hear how the song goes!)

Ooh, yeah! Uh-huh! Yeah!
I want to dance!
...
Clock strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away

Phil was now grabbing a microphone and singing the chorus with him.

Oh, I wanna dance with somebody!
I wanna feel the heat with somebody!
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody!
With somebody who loves me!

They were now so close that Dan could smell Phil's lavender cologne while Phil could see the streaks of sweat running down Dan's beautiful face.

"You are so beautiful..." Phil said out loud without knowing Dan had heard him.

After that remark, Dan pulled him closer, so they could sway together while Chris went to grab himself a drink to leave them alone.

"You are, too." Dan whispered into Phil's ear, now causing him to fiercely blush.

"Thank you." Phil smiled and pushed his hair up, so he could plant a kiss on his forehead.

Dan radiated with happiness and pulled Phil in for a passionate kiss that lasted minutes.

I love you, Dan...

I love you, Phil...

While everything seemed bliss and peaceful, it wasn't as they had an unwanted visitor lurking in the bleachers.

Chris spotted the person from afar and rubbed his eyes like he had seen something unreal.

It was...PJ?

Author's Note: Ooh! Plot twist! Sorry for not updating again, but I didn't realize how long this chapter actually turned out until I wrote it. Also, I have some exciting news!
This book's going to be entered in the Wattys! If you really like this book, then please go vote for it once it's entered in the Wattys! Thanks and hope you enjoyed! xx