the beginning

John Laurens POV

I stood in front of the door of my house holding a few boxes waiting for my taxi to arrive. I've done it. I have finally moved out of my fathers house.I can finally live my own life.Im finally going to Yorktown college.

"Jacky, Jacky! a letter came from the big school in new York!" my little sister **Mary shouted running across the house in her unicorn onesie. my heart was beating out of my chest and my palms were sweating as I carefully tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter with the school logo in the top left corner. I started reading it out loud whilst my little sister was sat on the floor by my feet with her legs crossed and staring at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yorktown collage

21 chump street

New York city

NYC123

Dear John Laurens,

Thank you for your application and we are glad to inform you that you have been offered a place at Yorktown collage in this upcoming September. Here at Yorktown collage you will be given advanced courses, good teaching and a outstanding atmosphere. On your first day you will be given a initiation and a dorm which will be shared with three other students. As you will have transferred for your last two years, all of your data from your previous school ( South Carolina prep or SCP) and your course of study will be resumed.

we are excited to have you as a pupil and believe you will be a model pupil.

see you in September!

- Yorktown Collage

"MARY I GOT IN!" I practically shouted " I GOT IN!" I ran around the house with the letter in my hand smiling like a six year old. I wasn't looking where I was going and I bumped into my father in the hall. I knocked his cup of coffee onto the floor. "COMPOSURE JACK!" he shouted as he slapped me on the back of my neck. Holding back tears I ran up the stairs and into my room.

I'm glad I'm on my own now. This is my fresh start and I'm not going to waste it, I will miss my brothers and sisters and I will try and spend time with them, but for now there is no turning back now.

**Mary Eleanor was john Laurens' little sister irl.

hi, sorry for the short chapter but in the future the chapters will be longer but I really hope you enjoy my story and I will try to update it whenever I can.