1

Yasmin's P.O.V

I hug my hoodie closer to my body as I let out a breath causing my warm breath collide with the cold air of the night.

I turned the corner and saw my house in the close distance. I didn't want to go there, I never wanted to go back what can I say.

I stepped up on the porch and took out my keys turning them in the lock quietly. I pushed the door open and my body filled with shock.

My mother was crying on the hallway floor with a bottle of champagne in her hand, not a glass, a bottle.

I shut the door and lock it again before walking towards her and sitting across from her my legs  criss crossed.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking up causing a strand of hair to fall over my eye. I try to blow it out my face but give up and push it behind my ear.

"I'm so sorry Yas...." my mother sobbed and I looked at her my face lathered with confusion.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked worried. She let out a hiccup and with the back of her sleeve she wiped her eyes causing her mascara to smear.

"I was drunk..." she cried out her voice hoarse from crying.

"Mom, what did you do?" O asked now sweating preparing myself for whatever she was going to say.

"I sold you" she whispered causing my mouth to fall open.

"You what?!" I asked feeling the hot tears that where now running down my cheeks

"Marriage. He offered a lot of money and I need it. I couldn't provide you with all the care and love you needed!" She cried out again causing me to stand up.

I started tugging at my hair, like I always did when stressed.

"To who?!" I asked turning around shocked.

"Luke Hemmings" she whispered.

"I thought I was your daughter not an object you could sell for a couple of grand."