16

Yasmin's P.O.V

I stared at all the strange birds while Luke just shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at me.

"Why are we looking at some weird chickens" he asked causing me to look at him and narrow my eyes.

"It's a peacock you vegetable!" I replayed and he took a step back his hands up, palms facing me. He started saying okay quietly.

"You know I don't know about you but I have never seen a green and blue chicken" I mumbled and he chuckled. We walked into the humid wooden hut cover in tall grass. Inside a bunch of crocodiles and lizards, geckos and banked where kept behind a thick, sturdy glass. I walked over to the snake that was rapped around a log with some there to make sure it didn't slide away.

"Hey ma'am would you like to hold the snake?" He asked and I nodded smiling before walking over a little closer. The snake wasn't too big or too long. The man watching the snake was bulky, pale and bald with a black shirt, black pants and thick sturdy boots.

I grabbed the snake wrapping it around my hand while letting it slide between my thumb and wrapping it around again.

"You look very confident with snakes" The man pointed out and I shrugged nodding.

"Yeah, I always wanted one but unfortunately, my mom is a scardy cat and she would disown me if I brought one home." I nodded and the guy laughed taking the snake from me and putting it back on the log.

I heard a loud noise causing me to turn around to see Luke taking steps back from the crocodile enclosure, let me point out he was mortified. The crocodile was really close to the glass and it looks like he pounced on it, I laughed and looked at Luke. I turned back to the crocodile.

"I'm sorry croc but he's stop lanky and he probably doesn't have enough meat for you to feed off of" I said shaking my head and laughing walking out of the small reptile hut.

"Hey! I am very much meaty!" Luke fought back and I turned around walking towards him before taking his arm and pulling the sleeve up.

"Oh yes, much meaty" i replayed pulling his sleeve back down and whipping back around to walk.

"Yeah okay mrs. Bonney" Luke said rolling his eyes and I gasped.

"I am nothing more than skin, meat and fat son, I'll probably give the croc diabetes"