Chapter 1: Halloween Pumpkin

"How do you like this dress Lexa?" I look up at the dress my best friend was holding up to herself, looking in the full length mirror. The dress was a strapless sunset orange with greenish looking ruffles at the bottom of the dress. It looked horrible. It looked like a dress you would wear for Halloween. I shake my head at her through the mirror, making her frown.

"You don't like it?"

"Do you want me to be honest?" She thought for a minute before shaking her head yes.

"Sara you look like an pumpkin on Halloween" Her frown deepens, putting the dress back on the rack. I let out a sigh, rolling my eyes while leaning back in the chair I was sitting in.

"Why did you bring me here of you knew I wouldn't want to come in the first place?" She smirks at me while looking at a short red dress.

"So Lexa, I could get your opinion on the dresses. Do you even have a dress for the party?"

"Of course I do Sara" I tell her confidently. "I'm not like you who waits until the day of the party to find a dress".

We were invited to a party for Kevin's birthday, my brother. But somebody didn't think to get her dress early in advance.

"Its not my fault!" I raise a brow at her. I'd love to see the excuse she has this time. I cross my arms over my, may I say, big chest and smirk at her.

"Oh yeah, how come?" Sara then starts to slowly turn red in embarrassment.

"I-i uh was with uh-uh Damon. We we're b-busy." She scratches the back of her head, trying to busy herself with looking for a dress. Wow this is funny! I laugh out loud, earning me a glare from her.

"So I see you're not mad at Damon anymore. What happened? Did he get so antsy in his pants that he couldn't hold it anymore and 'make it up to you'? Haha, priceless!" This results in her blushing more.

"I wouldn't say it like that, but he did do th-" I cover my ears to not anymore. I didn't need to know what her mate did to her at night.

"La la la! You don't have to explain it!"
Now it was her turn to laugh at me. This girl know damn well I get uncomfortable with that "topic".

"Oh c'mon Lexa! Don't tell me you and James haven't done it yet." I look away from her in embarrassment. She walks over to me, with a shocked expression on her face. I don't blame her for being shocked. James and I have been together for almost a year and haven't even gone past making out. James is not the one I blame, its completely my fault. I just feel as if I'm not ready to do that yet with James.

He has asked a few times here and there, but I would always say I'm not ready or maybe next time. I can see when I say no, he get very aggravated over this, and I always feel bad for making him wait, but I know what my body wants, and its not ready for that yet.

"Damn Lexa. You guys have been together for almost a year. How has he not gotten his hands on that curvy body of yours?!?" I look down in embarrassment, noticing a few people in the store had heard her. I am not skinny in my eyes. I'm just really curvy in the right places. But I'm not so confident about it.

"Please tell me you guys do at least something." I clear my throat from being uncomfortable.

"Um... Does making out count?" I give her a nervous smile, which makes her shake her head at me while laughing.

"That is one true mate. I'm surprised he's waited this long honey." I sit back more into the seat, thinking. She is so right. I'm actually surprised he's waited this long for me.

"Yeah me too. I haven't really thought about it." There was an awkward silence for a few seconds before Sara clears her throat.

"Anyway, I'm gonna check out the rest of the store for anything else,ok?" I shake my head yes, and she walks off. I let out a sigh, brushing my curls out of my face.

Is it bad James and I don't do anything? I don't mind not doing anything...but maybe James does.

Wow! How could I be so selfish of my own needs when I wasn't even thinking of his?!? All this time he's been asking me, but I would just say no and move on with my life. I am a horrible girlfriend. But damn, how has he dealt with me for this long...

I shake my head at the thought.

I'll just talk to him about it. He can't be mad...can he?

I look up to see Sara staring down at me with a big smile while holding a shopping bag.

"I finally found a dress for the party!!" I smile at her, trying to forget my thoughts from before.

"Great! Let's go get ready for tonight."