Chapter 4: Perfume

Are y'all dying to meet James yet?
**

I drive up to my house to see a black car on the drive way.

James

I park my dodge next to his and walk up to the door. I take out my keys and unlock the door before I walk in. The first thing I notice is that he clearly dropped everything he had at the front door. His shoes, wallet, keys, coat.

I keep walking till I make it to the kitchen. He's drinking a bottle of water, looking in the opposite direction of me. He's still in his work attire, sleeves rolled up, hair ran through multiple times.

I call his name a few times before actually walking up to him. He blinks a few times before looking at me. His bright blue eyes staring into my brown ones. They were the best thing to look at. I clear my throat before speaking.

"So... Where were you?" I ask calmly. The Lord knows himself that I am not calm at all.

"I'm sorry babe, I was at Je- I mean at work." I raise my eyebrow at him in question. Is he lying to me?

"You were at work?" He raises his eyebrow at me in question and...fear?

"Of course. That is what I said, didn't I?"

"Ok then. You don't have to get smart with me." I go to walk away, but he grabs my hand and turns me around. He has this unreadable look on his face... And its not guilt.

"I'm sorry babe I missed the party. I know you wanted me to come." I shake my head before giving him a hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me tighter against him.

"No its fine. Don't worry about it." I inhale his scent before scrunching my noes at him, pulling away immediately.

I smell perfume on him.

I squint my eyes at him, while he gives me a questioning look. I breath in and out, trying to calm myself before speaking.

"Why do I smell perfume on you?" I say as calmly as ever. I look at him with a straight face, while his turns into a face of panic.

"It was this girl in the pack house. She had this huge bottle of perfume and while me and the guys were walking by, she dropped it on accident, making it go everywhere. Trust me" he says with a slight laugh. I let out a sigh of relief.

He didn't cheat...

He goes to hug me, but I stop him with my hand.

"No. You have to wash that off first." He playfully rolls his eyes before going to the shower.

I lean against the counter and think. I've... Smelled that scent before. It isn't new. And there was another thing bothering me.

My mate is like 6"3. He explained that this girl dropped her perfume, making it go on him.

But how the hell is the smell all smothered on his neck and face? He must've had to been rubbing his whole body in it to smell like that.

Maybe I'm just going crazy