Chapter 3: Party

After Sara was done shopping for her dress, she drops me off at Jame's and I's house, which was technically a mansion. I tried to explaining to him that we don't need a huge mansion to live in, but he said that I deserve only the best, knowing i'll be the future Luna for when we mate.

After waving bye to Sara, I turn to our home and start walking to the door. I unlock the door and walk inside to the kitchen. Our kitchen is almost like a gourmet kitchen. The counters are a beautiful blackish grayish water marble with dark oak cabinents. Along the the stainless steal appliances and such. I always have fun cooking dishes in here, especially spanish dishes.

I open up the refridgerator to grab a water bottle, I then chug down half the bottle before realizing something.

James isn't home

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, starting to look around the house for him. He's usaully home by now, if not, he would've let me know by giving me a call. I look down at my phone for the time to make sure i'm not going crazy.

6:22pm

He should've been home two hours ago.

I go around the house, caling his name for like five minutes before I decide to call him. I take my phone out again and go to call him. Once I do, I put the phone up to my ear and start walking to our room to get ready for Kevin's birthday party. After the third ring, James answers.

"Hey babe. Where are you?" I look through my closet, trying to find the red dress I bought two weeks ago.

"Oh I um I'm just finishing up some paperwork here" I stop what im doing and stare into the phone with confusion. He sounded very out of breath. 

"Um you okay there?" I hear some rustling in the backround before he speaks again.

"Yep, just fine." I furrow my eyesbrows even more than before.

What's going on with him?

"Um ok well just don't forget about Kevin's party tonight. It's at eight tonight and I don't want you to miss it. My brother hasn't met you yet, and I want you two to meet officially meet." I hear even more rustling before he speaks.

What is he doing there?

"Uh ok babe, I won't forget. I promise. Bye."

"Well then see you la-"

Call ended

I look at the phone in disbelief. He just ended the call like that? I didn't even say goodbye. I shake my head at the phone before proceding to change into my red dress.

Maybe he's just really busy... yeah i'll go with that.

I start to undress, and that's when I feel the most unbearable pain in the pit of my stomach. I drop down to my knees and cradle myself in a little ball as the pain got worse. I scream out in agony as another wave of pain came.

"AHHHHHHHH!" I clutch my stomach for some type of comfort, screaming again. It's almost like period cramps, but on like the millionth power. The pain was so unbearable, I wanted to rip my hair out.

I laid there helplessly on the floor for a whole hour until all the sudden, the pain went away as if it never came.

++

I sit at the mini bar by myself, drinking some water. It was now 10:30pm and James still hadn't came to the party. The party was gonna end in about two hours and I was starting to lose he in him coming,

He said he would come tonight. How much paperwork did he have to finish?

I take my phone out yet again and dial his number.

Nothing

I let out a sad sigh and put my phone back in my purse. I look up to see Sara walking up to me with her mate Damon. Damon was about 6'3, James' height. He was muscular with jet black hair. He was Puerto Rican, explaining his jaw-dropping looking tan, as Sara says it. And he was really nice. When they're in front of me, I give them a smile.

"Hey you guys! How are you two enjoying the party?" My smile falters when I see Sara standing quite far from Damon. She has a straight face, trying to contain her emotions, while Damon gives me a pleading look. I roll my eyes at them and ask the same question I always ask when this happens.

"Okay kids, what happened." They both start yelling at the same time, trying to explain at the same time. I put my hands up and get in between the two when Sara started getting in Damon's face.

"Woah woah woah! One at a time! Sara goes first." I gesture towards Sara and she sticks her tongue out at Damon, making him roll his eyes.

"Well, while we were by the dance floor, there was this group of teenage girls, mostly around fourteen. They were all staring at him like eye candy, but I just let it go because I know my mate wouldn't do something stupid that would risk anything in our relationship." She said emphasizing the word stupid.

"But then his ass decided the opposite and was like "Hey Ladies!" While winking at them, in front of me Lexa!" Her voice kind of cracked at the end, meaning her feeling started getting the best of her. I turn to look at Damon. His eyes were wide with fear, guilt, and plead.

"Ok let me explain. I did that so they could leave us alone. They're teenagers babe. All they should want at that age is some attention, so I gave them that. After that, they started squealing like kids and ran off somewhere. If had I not done that, they would've been all over me. Please babe you got to believe me." He whispered the last sentence, grabbing onto her waist, bringing them closer together.

Her breath hitched at the sudden closeness, making her blush. She looked down at her feet before anything.

"I-i forgive y-you" Damon smiles really big before going for her neck, kissing it all over.

"How about I make it up tonight, mi amor?" I widen my eyes at this. This is my que to leave the love birds at peace. I walk away from them, realizing the party was starting to end. I see people leaving out the door, some friends of Kevins' helping clean up. That's when it hit me

James never came.